"John T" in the next cabin

We were on board also. Our son and daughter-in-law were told by the security guard at the pier that John Travolta had come in a couple of cars ahead, and our head waiter confirmed that he was there, supposedly with his brother and two bodyguards. The second evening our kids actually made eye contact with him as he walked through the Centrum. Other than that, it was very low key.

I don't think it's all that weird that the Travoltas would be aboard the Enchantment (I love that ship myself).

I saw John and wife Kelly Preston on board the old Queen Mary ship that is permanently in port in Long Beach, CA. This was eons ago when Jett was an infant. Obviously the daughter was not yet born.

Kelly was involved in a filming project for an old Murder She Wrote episode or similar; many TV shows used to use the old ship for filming when they needed a cruise ship as part of a scene. Frasier had some episodes filmed there as well, among other shows.

Anyway, a friend and I were staying overnight on the QM (its cabins are hotel rooms these days) and saw Travolta and family. John was busy walking Jett in his stroller up and down the decks while Kelly was filming. Later, John and what appeared to be other industry people had dinner at Sir Winston's (a nice restaurant on board the QM) without Kelly and Jett.

John waved and spoke to the few who approached him on deck -- seemed like a very nice guy. No one bothered him in the restaurant at night, however, thank goodness. People in LA tend not to bother celebrities too much and give them their space.

I hope the Travoltas enjoyed their time on Enchantment -- a really lovely ship IMHO.

So VERY odd... I agree. I cant wrap my mind around it all.:o I honestly don't get it.. It sounds like he was in his cabin the entire time and then got off in Belize. His plane was already in Belize. Sounds like the ship was merely transportation to me. Still very odd. :confused:

Hmm....I guess I view this one a little differently than most people. I don't think celebrities "deserve" any more privacy than anyone else. Actually, based on their choice of profession, I think they should expect less and I get tired of hearing them whine about it. If they want something different, then go work in a grocery store, quit making movies that you get paid 20,000,000.00 MILLION dollars for and hush.

I think if they want privacy, they have plenty of money to afford it. Think...Keanu Reeves and Johnny Depp. When's the last time you've seen them having issues? They keep to themselves and are kept out of the limelight. If Travolta CHOSE to go on a public cruise ship, in a public place, with all us little peons, why should he be treated any differently than the rest of us? He's got the money to rent the whole ship for the whole week and he chose not to. Get in line, buddy.

Celebrities knew what they were getting into when they craved fame. If you'd asked Travolta what he wanted back in the Welcome Back days, he'd have said money, fame, etc... Well, he got that. You don't get to have both. I have NO doubt that between Saturday Night Fever and Pulp Fiction, he'd have loved to get some attention and, well, now he's got it. I'd think fame is a double edged sword and they know that going in. Anyone with his money, who piled onto a mass marketed line like RCCL, didn't do it for the privacy, folks.

I AM sorry about his kid. That's tough for anyone and my heart goes out to his family. However, going on a public, mass marketed cruise ship ISN'T washing with me that they are trying to stay out of the limelight.

Without breaking confidences, here's the deal. He may be famous, but he does have unfamous friends. A couple of them were down in the area because they had booked a cruise on Enchantment. JT decided on the spur of the moment to join them. No kids, no family, no bodyguards...just some old friends hanging out as much as they could given the circumstances. And, then he did have to disembark at Belize because he had some filming obligations for an upcoming movie.

Hmm....I guess I view this one a little differently than most people. I don't think celebrities "deserve" any more privacy than anyone else. Actually, based on their choice of profession, I think they should expect less and I get tired of hearing them whine about it. If they want something different, then go work in a grocery store, quit making movies that you get paid 20,000,000.00 MILLION dollars for and hush.

I think if they want privacy, they have plenty of money to afford it. Think...Keanu Reeves and Johnny Depp. When's the last time you've seen them having issues? They keep to themselves and are kept out of the limelight. If Travolta CHOSE to go on a public cruise ship, in a public place, with all us little peons, why should he be treated any differently than the rest of us? He's got the money to rent the whole ship for the whole week and he chose not to. Get in line, buddy.

Celebrities knew what they were getting into when they craved fame. If you'd asked Travolta what he wanted back in the Welcome Back days, he'd have said money, fame, etc... Well, he got that. You don't get to have both. I have NO doubt that between Saturday Night Fever and Pulp Fiction, he'd have loved to get some attention and, well, now he's got it. I'd think fame is a double edged sword and they know that going in. Anyone with his money, who piled onto a mass marketed line like RCCL, didn't do it for the privacy, folks.

I AM sorry about his kid. That's tough for anyone and my heart goes out to his family. However, going on a public, mass marketed cruise ship ISN'T washing with me that they are trying to stay out of the limelight.

I agree when acting is you "career" there are some things you lose. And privacy is one of them. But he does have that at his home in Ocala. People their tend to leave him alone and he does go out in "public". Of course they do tend to be night owls. They have been staying close to home lately.

But he does have a choice to go on a PUBLIC cruise ship if he wants. I have no daunt he knows whats involved when he "chooses" to go out in public. It seems his was more on this cruise to be with his friends then to go cruising. He probably was just fine with staying in the cabin and not making a big deal about it....

By the way, he is one of those that does keep quite. You don't hear much from him when he's not filming a movie or promoting one.

Without breaking confidences, here's the deal. He may be famous, but he does have unfamous friends. A couple of them were down in the area because they had booked a cruise on Enchantment. JT decided on the spur of the moment to join them. No kids, no family, no bodyguards...just some old friends hanging out as much as they could given the circumstances. And, then he did have to disembark at Belize because he had some filming obligations for an upcoming movie.

We were on the cruise just after JT's. We had the same room steward.

It seems that it was a last minute thing. We heard the bodyguards had

booked the cruise and JT wanted to come last minute so he got the

bodyguard's room (OS) and they had to scramble to find a place for

the bodyguards. It sounded like he just wanted to be left alone. He

had a private dining room set up for him and he had a 2 hour massage

in his suite every day. It would have been neat for him to come out

to the Centrum for the 70's party because it was all BeeGee's music

but I'm sure he would have been swarmed.

He's suffered a lot of losses in his lifetime. I wish him well.

I agree when acting is you "career" there are some things you lose. And privacy is one of them. But he does have that at his home in Ocala. People their tend to leave him alone and he does go out in "public". Of course they do tend to be night owls. They have been staying close to home lately.

You're so right........here in Ocala,people treat him and his family like anyone else.............he had been spotted shopping in Publix with his son......working out at a local gym and Kelly has been to Barnes and Nobles many times(I used to work there) among other places.......he has shown his appreciation to our community many times(had the premiere of Wild Hogs right here and NOT in Hollywood.......and has done things for the kids(Boys and Girls club)

Many times one can see his jet as he's coming home or headed out.........

Very low key family...........

Archived