LAX to the Queen Mary

Aloha everyone,

We'll be flying in the day before our cruise leaves.

We arrive on a Saturday at Noon, and have that afternoon and evening to do something.

I'd love to take my sis to see the Queen Mary.

Anyone know how far away it is from the LAX Marriott and the best suggestion of how to go.... cab? rent a car?? or ..??

Or any other suggestions to do for that afternoon and evening fairly close to LAX Marriott??

Thanks!!

QM is about 15 miles from LAX, 8 miles from the San Pedro cruise port, and 100 yards from Carnival.

You will do a lot of backtracking if you do LAX-QM-LAX-San Pedro. Also the LAX hotels have nothing worthwhile in the immediate vicinity. I strongly recommend staying close to either port...much more to see and do, and you eliminate any traffic issues between the hotel and ship.

We stayed at the LAX Marriott years ago, but only because we had an early flight to catch the next morning (to start our honeymoon). And once the limo dropped us off there, we just stayed (and had only the fruit basket and very little choices from room service late at night).

I would suggest looking into staying by the ports if coming in the day before. That way, once you get to the area (San Pedro or Long Beach), you may be able to just get around with the hotel shuttle or even be within walking distance of restaurants, etc.

If you had booked the Marriott thru the cruiseline (I know Princess has this as a hotel choice), any money you may be saving may be eaten by any taxis just to see any other part of LA.

We just were there. We took Airport Express they were by far the cheapest in transportation. There is nothing there I wouldn't waste my time or money either, but you do what you want to do, as I always say if it is something you always wanted to do and now is your only chance well do it. Have fun in what ever you choose.

We just were there. We took Airport Express they were by far the cheapest in transportation. There is nothing there I wouldn't waste my time or money either, but you do what you want to do, as I always say if it is something you always wanted to do and now is your only chance well do it. Have fun in what ever you choose.

Fair Lady,

How was your experience with Airport Express? Was this an exclusive van? I also have gotten quotes from then and cheaper for the four of us, just wondering how it went?

Is "Airport Express" the same as the "Blue shuttle"?

Posted on your other thread asking about Airport Express before I saw this, how were they? They were great right on time. Did you take for the return trip to the airport also? Yes, I booked the return trip at the same time, when we got back into port I called and they were there within 20 min. Any problem with them meeting you? Not at all. Private van like they say? Yes. Just trying to finalize my transportation. Here is their number 1-800-311-5466 our drivers name was Alvin. They say 18% tip but we tipped what we wanted to. Now with that said, if there is less that 7 people check different shuttle service some maybe cheaper, I did a search and called them all. Not sure if their the same as the Blue Shuttle.

Good luck!!

Archived