Dawn New MDR Menus - Will they stay?

rikatine

Someone posted a week or so ago that the Dawn's hotel director thought the menus would continue to be used on the Dawn for another 7 or 8 weeks, and that he thought it was likely they would eventually be adopted fleetwide.

PS...just found the exact wording:

"I received an email from Hugo Vanosmael (HD on Dawn) and the new menus will be there for the next 7 or 8 weeks until Miami makes a final decision. He also stated that he was getting good feedback from passengers and very few complaints. He also believes this will be moved to other ships in the fleet and be a long term thing."

We were on the Dawn May 17-24. That was the first week of the new menu. We loved it!

The strange thing is that we weren't given a questionnaire on the ship, and no written or e-mail questionnaire was sent to us after the cruise. I can't understand that since I would have thought they'd want passenger feedback on a new menu.

We really enjoyed the steak & lobster tails in the Venetian. We asked for steak & two tails. It was so good that we ordered it on several different nights. The rack of lamb in Aqua was equally as good.

We were on the Dawn May 17-24. That was the first week of the new menu. We loved it! We did too!

The strange thing is that we weren't given a questionnaire on the ship, and no written or e-mail questionnaire was sent to us after the cruise. I can't understand that since I would have thought they'd want passenger feedback on a new menu. We received an email survey by last Wednesday and we only got back three days before that. Maybe they are only sending them out randomly but both my son and myself got the survey the same day.

We really enjoyed the steak & lobster tails in the Venetian. We asked for steak & two tails. It was so good that we ordered it on several different nights. The rack of lamb in Aqua was equally as good.

My DH and DS's enjoyed the steak and lobster many times. I had the prime rib twice and both times it was excellent.

Someone posted a week or so ago that the Dawn's hotel director thought the menus would continue to be used on the Dawn for another 7 or 8 weeks, and that he thought it was likely they would eventually be adopted fleetwide.

PS...just found the exact wording:

"I received an email from Hugo Vanosmael (HD on Dawn) and the new menus will be there for the next 7 or 8 weeks until Miami makes a final decision. He also stated that he was getting good feedback from passengers and very few complaints. He also believes this will be moved to other ships in the fleet and be a long term thing."

When was this response from? I am on the August 30th sailing on the Dawn and wonder if that we will still have the set menus. I really enjoy what I see on them.

We just got off the Dawn June 7th cruise and absolutely loved the new menu. It alleviated the craziness of the main dining room on lobster night. We were never asked our opinion, so I am not sure how the decision to keep the menus will be made. I did think that the speciality restaurants were not as busy as usual, and if that was the case, they will never keep the menus. We were able to walk right in on two different evenings without a reservation to the specialty restaurants. We had a Wonderful Cruise!!!

Bella

Thanks so much for the link, it's just what I was looking for. So the two MDRs have different menus but they stay the same all week, correct? And the daily Chef's Suggestions are available in both rooms? Have I finally got it right????

Thanks so much for the link, it's just what I was looking for. So the two MDRs have different menus but they stay the same all week, correct? And the daily Chef's Suggestions are available in both rooms? Have I finally got it right????

Ding, ding, ding, ding.

You got it.

PE

Peg - We've been watching for a questionnaire, but none has come. Maybe your random theory is correct. It does seem strange to go on a seven night cruise, and not be asked for feedback, especially because of the new menu.

I just went back to look when we received the surveys. We both got them Monday....the day after we left the ship.

Hi all who have enjoyed the nrw menu on Dawn. Hope they keep it at least through thr 8-30 sailing which we are on! If it's as good as everyone says, hope they implement it on all ships, including the Jewel for our 10-30 repo sailing!

Glad everyone had a great time..We can't wait and thanks for sharing the info and menus.

Does someone know if we can still get steamed veggies with our entrée every night? I used to order them most nights and enjoyed them a lot (I like to have a balanced diet – it helps me cut on the need of “bad” food).

Although the food was good i got tired of the same thing every night. Since I don't eat red meat I found the menu very limiting. Also with lobster on the menu every night there is little point to paying $35 to have lobster at Cagney's.

Archived