2009 May/June Radiance Northbound + Self Guided Land Tour Summary

WalleyeLJ

Hey All,

I wanted to thank everyone for the posts and responses that helped us plan our greatest adventure ever! We wanted to repay by passing along our experiences. My wife kept a blog while we were on the trip, which is too long to post on here. She also posted a few of over 7,000 photos I took on the trip.

It covers our stay in Seattle, train ride up to Vancouver, the cruise and all our excursions and adventures, then our land tour segment which we did ourselves. Hopefully those who haven't gone yet will find it interesting, and for those who haven't decided on excursions yet, it'll give you a little idea how things went for us.

http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog/ljandbev/1/tpod.html

Happy & safe travels to everyone headed to Alaska this year. It was the best thing we've ever done!

L.J.

Thanks so much for the travel journal and wonderful photos, LJ and Bev! We had almost the same trip and tour just before yours (also stayed at the Denali Dome Home). It was fun reliving it all over again with your review.....

I have most of my Alaska and landtour planned, now I am just worried about the day I get off the ship in Vancouver. I will be on the Radiance of the Seas and my plane does not leave until 7:30pm that night. What did you do in Vancouver and what do you suggest for me. I do not want to rent a car because we do not know where we are going.

Thanks!

I have most of my Alaska and landtour planned, now I am just worried about the day I get off the ship in Vancouver. I will be on the Radiance of the Seas and my plane does not leave until 7:30pm that night. What did you do in Vancouver and what do you suggest for me. I do not want to rent a car because we do not know where we are going.

Thanks!

Hi Larry,

Unfortunately I can't help as we went straight from the train station to the ship. All we saw of Vancouver was from the taxi. I do know that everyone I talked to on our trip who did get to visit Vancouver said it was wonderful and that they wished they had more time. I'm sure you'll get a bunch of suggestions if you post the question. Good luck, and have a great trip!

L.J.

Thanks!

We were on the Radiance on May 22, but we flew into Vancouver on the 19th and spent three days there. We did the Hop on Hop off trolley tour for two days and really got to see the city. Vancouver is beautiful.

Archived