printed luggage tags--how to attach?

sunsetme

Easy - fold according to directions. Do not cut out!. Hit it with few staples and you are good to go. No real need to go through all the work some do to laminate. If it makes you feel better put two on each bag. I have one still on a bag that has done from London airport to Barcelona on the ship back to Florida in a plane and still on the bag. :cool:

Edited by time2cruise1

A year and a half ago they sent "official" luggage tags via snail mail along with documents and shore excursion information. Do they still do that?

They still normally do but many still do not get them.

Edited by time2cruise1

We didn't laminate but we did wrap them with clear packing tape to toughen them up.

Easy - fold according to directions. Do not cut out!. Hit it with few staples and you are good to go. No real need to go through all the work some do to laminate. If it makes you feel better put two on each bag. I have one still on a bag that has done from London airport to Barcelona on the ship back to Florida in a plane and still on the bag. :cool:

We just got off of the Majesty this morning. My primary bag was found later on sailaway day in the naughty room, of all places, without the paper tag I had carefully folded and taped without additional "laminating". One other tag was pretty beat up upon arrival outside of our stateroom.

Now, in a quasi thread steal: Upon claiming my bag, a secondary inspection uncovered our iron. So my question is: would the baggage tag have been intentionally removed as part of the naughty room sequence of events, or did my untagged bag coincidentally wind up in the naughty room, where by coincidence the iron was discovered?

We just got off of the Majesty this morning. My primary bag was found later on sailaway day in the naughty room' date=' of all places, without the paper tag I had carefully folded and taped without additional "laminating". One other tag was pretty beat up upon arrival outside of our stateroom.

Now, in a quasi thread steal: Upon claiming my bag, a secondary inspection uncovered our iron. So my question is: would the baggage tag have been intentionally removed as part of the naughty room sequence of events, or did my untagged bag coincidentally wind up in the naughty room, where by coincidence the iron was discovered?[/quote']

They may have very well taken the tag off to read you room number and send the note to show up in the naughty room. In any case you know you should not have had that iron in your bag.

We printed ours on card stock, covered them with tape and stapled them on to our bags. They were still on the bags when we came home from the cruise.

That's exactly what we did. Use card stock paper. We didnt cut them out. We folded them to the correct lines, that way were even thicker. Slipped them around the handle of our luggage and stapled together with about 4 or 5 staples. (LOL) They worked perfectly.

If you are flying, of course wait until you get to your destination before you put them on. We put ours on at the airport terminal before we got in our taxi to the cruise terminal. (I brought one of those tiny staplers) That's when we also put luggage locks on. I hate the idea of my suitcase being left in the hallway or any where without locks on them.

IRON:

I have read many posts where some people agree with bringing travel irons on and some who do not. To each his own. I bring my small travel iron. I keep it hidden in the room. If you bring one, REMEMBER to unplug it!

Also, I have found on other trips (non-cruise) that Downy wrinkle release works well too!!

IRON:

I have read many posts where some people agree with bringing travel irons on and some who do not. To each his own. I bring my small travel iron. I keep it hidden in the room. If you bring one, REMEMBER to unplug it!

Also, I have found on other trips (non-cruise) that Downy wrinkle release works well too!!

To each his own? NO NO NO!

Irons are a fire hazard, which is why they're dispensed in a controlled fashion. The ones in the ships laundry are inside a room with steel walls (not wood panelling).

Fire is the absolute worst thing that can happen at sea... (well...icebergs are pretty bad too).....so please for OUR safety, don't bring your iron.

A small travel steam iron should do the trick, and would be a lot less likely to ignite anything combustible.

If you know enough to know that you should HIDE your iron, then you should know enough to leave it AT HOME! :(

Edited by sjbdtz

• 5 years later...

Ok... so let me get some clarity please on the eDocs baggage tags.... I'm leaving tomorrow so hopefully I will get a quick response...

Do we make TWO tags per bags:

1. one with the color and the name

2. one with the cabin number

Or am I somehow supposed to do this back to back???

It is confusing because one page says fold along these lines and the other page does not.

I'm usually not such an idiot.. sorry... but the instructions are comfusing.

I used to take tape and laminate them then staple them. HOwever I found these great luggage tag holders made for cruise ships and use them all the time. This way I don't worry about them getting ripped off of the luggage. Cruise critic has them listed under cruise critic gear ( i just googled cruise ship luggage tag holders.

Cruise Critic Gear

Home > Cruise Critic Gear > Cruise Luggage Tag Holder

Cruise Luggage Tag Holder

Help | Customer Service | Check Orders | Returns

Cruise Luggage Tag Holder

NEW ITEM!

Now you can have luggage tags to fit the cruise line tags they send you and also show your Cruise Critic membership! These tags simplify the embarkation process, allowing you to be free of staplers and tape. These tags clearly display cruise status, cruisers name, stateroom, and ship name, on both sides - no cutting, taping or stapling, making it easy for porters to deliver luggage to the appropriate stateroom without the risk of the paper tags being ripped or torn off, meaning less lost luggage. Tags are not recommended for flying, but to be added to luggage once you reach port or shuttles to port.

These tags are made from double laminated PVC for additional strength and include a 6 in plastic strap.

Narrow Tag is 2 inches x 6 1/4 inches

(specifically for Royal Caribbean & Celebrity. Can be used for NCL if you trim the tag some but none of the information is lost.)

Wide Tag is 3 1/4 inches by 6 1/4 inches

(designed for Princess, Carnival, Holland America, Costa, Cunard but will also work for Royal Caribbean and Celebrity)

Only $2.95 Each

Super Saver Deal!

Purchase 4 NARROW tags for $9.50! Or 4 WIDE tags for $9.50! Simply order 4 of the tag you want then enter coupon code NARROW for the narrow tag or WIDE for the wide tag and see the savings! Please remember to add the code to the order before you proceed to payment.

Buy Cruise Luggage Tag Holder:

Narrow Tag

Wide Tag

You only need one tag per bag. If you don't want the hassle, just don't put on any tag and let the porters do it at the pier. They have the "good" tags and will put on your cabin number and it's taken care of.

This post was started 5 years ago and is mostly old/bad information now. Don't stress and enjoy your cruise.

whats the best way to attach luggage tags printed off the NCL edocs?

My wife and I always bring a roll of terable clear packing tape with on every cruise. I put a strip of clear tape on both side of the paper luggage tags and use it to connect the ends. We would rather be safe then sorry. beside the tape has come in handy to wrap stuff or to put around a broken piece of luggage.

Steve R

We didn't laminate but we did wrap them with clear packing tape to toughen them up.

I do the same with the packing tape. Ours lasted through two flights from NY to Fairbanks, Alaska, and survived getting to 4 hotels as well as embarkation. Twice around the width and once over the entire length. I never needed the spare tags I printed for "just in case".

A quick call to helpful NCL cleared things up...

My tags were not printing properly and kept printing on 2 pages. In order to get them to print as a one page document I had to reduce the image size to 88%.

They create the docs as 2 overlaying images and it seems like my Mac doesn't like that very much!

Go figure....

Problem solved... oh... and for those of you talking about tape that has nothing to do with the problem but its an excellent idea!!! I will bring it.

• Thanks 1

Ok... so let me get some clarity please on the eDocs baggage tags.... I'm leaving tomorrow so hopefully I will get a quick response...

Do we make TWO tags per bags:

1. one with the color and the name

2. one with the cabin number

Or am I somehow supposed to do this back to back???

It is confusing because one page says fold along these lines and the other page does not.

I'm usually not such an idiot.. sorry... but the instructions are comfusing.

I printed out the luggage tags for my November cruise, and all I did was follow the instructions and folded the sides of the paper under. This should clearly show a color (mine was yellow), the cabin number and space for your name. They printed on one sheet of paper, so I'm confused when you write about two pages. I covered them with clear packing tape, punched a hole in each end, and folded it and secured it to the suitcase with a zip tie when I picked it up in baggage claim.

Here's a picture that Mitsugirly took of her tag (hope she doesn't mind):

http://kimbakersphotography.smugmug.com/SKY/Nov-17-Monday/i-fvCd3Bn/0/L/PB280003%20copy-L.jpg

I hope this is clearer. Have fun on your cruise.