Accessible cabs in Seattle

sassy73

Hi:

How are the accessible cabs from Sea-Tac aorport to pier 91? Reliable? I think I am just staying at a airport hotel the night before, and then going directly to the pier the next morning. Also, if I want to get to the pier by 11, what time should I book the cab for? Or is there a better way to go. I am leaving on my cruise, Auugust 23rd. So a Sunday. Thanks for any info you can give!!

Have you checked to see if perhaps your airport hotel has a shuttle that goes to the pier, and , if so, is it accessible? If you do have to order a cab, make sure that they know you need an accessible vehicle which will have enough room for your wheelchair, your scooter and luggage:) some kind local people will know the answers concerning how far and how much time I am sure

If the hotel informs you that they have a shuttle but it's not accessible. Than you need to advise that the Law requires the hotel to provide you an accessible means of transport at no charge since they provide a shuttle for their able bodied guests DO NOT ACCEPT NO FOR AN ANSWER. Suggest you call the manager now and not wait until the day of you arrival. This way it gives them plenty of time to make the appropriate accommodations for you.

If the hotel informs you that they have a shuttle but it's not accessible. Than you need to advise that the Law requires the hotel to provide you an accessible means of transport at no charge since they provide a shuttle for their able bodied guests DO NOT ACCEPT NO FOR AN ANSWER. Suggest you call the manager now and not wait until the day of you arrival. This way it gives them plenty of time to make the appropriate accommodations for you.

I will definitely do this. I had read about this earlier, but wasn't at the hotel/getting to the pier stage at that time. OT: Funny, I actually sued my school ditrict over this issue. They told me they wouldn't provide accessible transportation, because they weren't required to. I knew CA law though, and knew they had to require any accomodations I needed and I could not be made to pay extra for my class trip. Their lawyers called apologizing the next day and I went on my senior trip with the right accoodations!!

Anyway, I still have contacts in the disability legal community , if the hotel doesn't comply! I don't take no for an answer, if my rights are being violated.

yellow cab is the company that has wheelchair accessible vehicle. 15-16 I think. If your hotel doesn't have a shuttle I'd suggest planning a lot of extra time into your itin, as these vehicles are in high demand on arrival and departure days. Not sure if they take advance res or not -- some companies do and some don't.

Candy

• 3 weeks later...
Will you have a scooter too? I think that Shuttle Express might be able to help you.

I will have a power wheelchair, that I will be in, and a manual, collaspable one for some excursions, and tenders. I can't get out of my chair, without help. ( Unless I want to end my cruise, before it starts.:) I will be with one person at that point who is acting as my attendant. I'm meeting my main travel companion at the pier. Thanks everyone, I forgot I had done this thread, lol.

I will have a power wheelchair, that I will be in, and a manual, collaspable one for some excursions, and tenders. I can't get out of my chair, without help. ( Unless I want to end my cruise, before it starts.:) I will be with one person at that point who is acting as my attendant. I'm meeting my main travel companion at the pier. Thanks everyone, I forgot I had done this thread, lol.

Better measure the width of your power chair since the doorway width in a standard cabin is about 23-24 inches...or get an "Accessible cabin"

Archived