will i find full fat, plain yogurt (or milk) on ncl?

urquie

full fat, plain yogurt and whole milk are mainstays of my baby's diet. any chance i'll find them on ncl's sun? if not on the buffet or restaurant menu, do you think the kitchen would have some for recipes??

i won't even ask about organics! :)

full fat, plain yogurt and whole milk are mainstays of my baby's diet. any chance i'll find them on ncl's sun? if not on the buffet or restaurant menu, do you think the kitchen would have some for recipes??

I think that you will find both....whole milk for sure.

• Administrators

Maybe. If having those is essential to your cruise (and your baby's diet), I think you should contact the cruiseline ahead of time and arrange for accommodations for your dietary requirements. Have a great trip!

I don't think you'll have any problem getting whole milk for the duration of the cruise. However, on a recent NCL cruise, I was on heavy-duty anti-biotics and was told to eat yougurt daily, if not twice a day. I only like plain yougurt, and their meager supply of plain ran out in just a few days (obviously I wasn't the only one enjoying it!). I suggest determining how many containers you will need for your cruise and asking the cruiseline to set aside that amount for you. You would probably have to contact the restaurant manager each day to get your "stash" but this wouldn't be too hard.

The number to contact NCl will be included in your cruise docs (under special diets). Allow a few weeks (minimum) for them to supply the ship. And touch base with the restaurant manager as soon after boarding as possible.

Be forewarned that they may tell you that they always have plain yougurt in large (restaurant) sized containers- which they put out in a large bowl at the buffet (with fruits and granolas nearby). You and any other passenger can freely dip into this bowl (yuck). In desperation, I ate some, but it tasted very sweet to me. I wonder if it is a "yougurt cocktail" similar to their apple juice- which is really apple juice cocktail (minimal juice).

We were on the Pearl recently and there was whole milk. They had individual sized flavored yogurt during breakfast, but all were nonfat. I would contact NCL ahead of time to see if you could arrange to have plain whole fat yogurt for your baby. If that didn't work, you might have to bring your own. Purchase the tubs on embarkation day and pack them in a cooler with plenty of ice. Once your room is ready, store them in the room's fridge, surround them with ice in a ziplock bag if possible -- the fridge is not as cold as at home, and replace the ice as needed. You may want to consider the size of the tubs, if they're too big they might not fit.

I don't think you'll have any problem getting whole milk for the duration of the cruise. However, on a recent NCL cruise, I was on heavy-duty anti-biotics and was told to eat yougurt daily, if not twice a day. I only like plain yougurt, and their meager supply of plain ran out in just a few days (obviously I wasn't the only one enjoying it!). I suggest determining how many containers you will need for your cruise and asking the cruiseline to set aside that amount for you. You would probably have to contact the restaurant manager each day to get your "stash" but this wouldn't be too hard.

The number to contact NCl will be included in your cruise docs (under special diets). Allow a few weeks (minimum) for them to supply the ship. And touch base with the restaurant manager as soon after boarding as possible.

Be forewarned that they may tell you that they always have plain yougurt in large (restaurant) sized containers- which they put out in a large bowl at the buffet (with fruits and granolas nearby). You and any other passenger can freely dip into this bowl (yuck). In desperation, I ate some, but it tasted very sweet to me. I wonder if it is a "yougurt cocktail" similar to their apple juice- which is really apple juice cocktail (minimal juice).

thanks everyone for your replies - we'll contact ncl ahead of time!

cpt - your reply is especially helpful!

Just in case there's a problem' date=' I was assured by my pediatrician when I took my twin babies on their first cruise that one week of reduced fat milk wouldn't make any difference.

Have a great time!

Best,

Mia[/quote']

normally i wouldn't be too worried, but we're going for two weeks, and the ped wants my "3 percentile" baby eating lots of (healthy) high fat foods. fortunately, dd is very accommodating. :)

Archived