Rome Hotel choice...Lancelot Hotel?

This is a cross post from the princess board:

Has anyone stayed there? Hope about Capo d'Africa nearby? Both of these are in the Colleseum area.

We are also wondering about taking a tour in Rome on the last day of the cruise. How does that work with luggage and stuff? Do we go clear back to Cittavechia at the end of the tour?

Hello Ilene...

I don't think I ever answered the e-mail you sent just before Thanksgiving. We left 11/27 for a family reunion cruise and I've been trying to catch up for the holidays since we got home.

We have booked driverinrome to pick us up at Civitavecchia - tour us around all day and then drop us at our hotel in Rome. One other couple is joining us and we would like to add 4 more people. They will drop us at different hotels if necessary. You'll find them highly recommended here at CC and I have requested Daniele, Remo or Aldo. We will be touring with them in Naples as well - for Positano, Ravello, Amalfi - the 4 of us have all been to Pompeii before.

We have a roll call going for the 9/11 Grand and have quite a nice group posting already. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=87297

Julie

We're staying at the Hotel Lancelot next September. I needed a quad room with some space because my MIL will be along with us and they seemed to have what I needed. After a lot of research I found out that the quads are usually just extra beds added in one tiny room. I didn't want us stepping all over each other for 4 days and they had a suite with 2 rooms that even has a terrace looking out at the colliseum for 260 Euros. It has gotten good reviews and is rated #22 at http://www.tripadvisor.com. It also got a good write up here at http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5377574/. They have been very quick in responding back to me and Mrs. Kahn has been very accomodating. I hope this helps.

Thanks to you for your feedback. Since we are now a group of 6! My mom and my friend's sister have joined us. We will be 5 in Rome as one is going straight home from the cruise. Anyway we will be perfect for that double room at the Lancelot. I really appreciate the information. I just emailed the hotel.

Julie n' Joe, and then we were 6. Actually 5 for the post cruise. Do you think there would be room for all of us and the usual too much luggage? We may have to hire our own limo I don't know. You have our email anyway but I have been having to access our email remotely since my computer is on the blink (a bad wireless connection no bugs!)

We are all so exicited. I will go over to the roll call and introduce ourselves.

Ijkh,

Make sure you ask for the 2 room suite with colliseum view because they also have much smaller quad rooms. This one actually is one bedroom and the other room is a sitting room which she said they would move beds into. I just actually liked the way that we were at least separated somewhat. The room is actually the one pictured in the article I posted the link to.

Archived