Duct Tape?

bnr0914

I use duct tape to hold up the shoe organizer that is used to hold all of the other must take along items that I have never needed but the experts say you must bring in the event of an emergency, like:

Highlighter to mark on the cruise newsletter what you want to do

Zip Lock Bags – different sizes Hefty has a really nice big one for big bottles.

Hangers

Clothes Pins

Power Strip

Extension Cord(2)

Alarm Clock

Night Light

Bathroom Spray

Clorox disinfectant wipes

Landyards

Bar Soap

Personal Items

Small Roll Duct Tape

Small Spray Bottle

Walkie Talkies

Binoculars

Rum Runners

Hand Sanitizers – small bottle

Insulated Sports Bottles

Powdered Crystal light or other drink mix

Aloe Vera for Sunburns

Wine opener if you have wine

Plastic Glasses

Plastic Shot Glasses

Locks for your suitcases or those plastic cable zip ties

Ribbon for your suitcase so you can identify them easier at the airport.

Ziploc of detergent and softener sheets if you want to rinse things out in sink.

Folding tote bag or beach bag

Hats or caps

Books, magazines

Magic Bullet

Detergent (small bit to rinse out sticky Magic Bullet)

Kitchen towel

NOTE: The problem is that there is little or no room left in the suitcase for other things like clothes. That is why I use room service so much, since I get in trouble for walking around the ship without wearing any pants. ;) :)

Eric

Cute....I don't think I would consider this a vacation if I needed to bring, much yet use everything on this list:eek:

Zip Lock Bags – different sizes Hefty has a really nice big one for big bottles.

In defense of zip lock bags they take virtualy no space and besides what else do you put in the zipper pockets on the outside of your suit case? Oh and we use them for all kinds of stuff when on the road, they make a good way to keep small thing from getting lost in the luggage, and can be "inflated" and use as a sort of bubble wrap for delicate souviners.

As for duct tape, if you carry it, you'll never need it:cool: We don't carry it unless we're camping, but that's another kind of vacation altogather, isn't it:eek:

BTW for those concerned about space saving and the duct tape core, try pulling stips off and taping them to the inside of the suit case lid; seldom do you need a long piece, and the super stick tape usually still holds even with lint balls, just remember to remove it before you stow the suitcase in the attic:p

Hmmm... I didn't know you could hem clothes without duct tape... you mean you can sew them? :D

------------------

Sea ya!

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

RCCL Platinum Member

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." – Ben Franklin

Previous Cruises

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2001

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/08

Planned Cruises

Something in 2009 - just have not decided yet

RCCL Oasis of the Seas - April 17, 2010

The BIG One - Southeast Asia 14 day - 2011

Oh, Oh, you've gone and done it now. Offended the patron saint of rednecks. :eek: Be careful, very careful. :D

Aubie

Yep, you've done it now! Duct tape ranks right up there with math and money.....better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it!

DH takes duct tape on every trip and honest to goodness, I used it on our last trip for blisters! Worked way better than a bandaid and saved my excursion. (I still think it was weird that he brought bonding agent in case we lost a dental crown!!)

DH takes duct tape on every trip and honest to goodness, I used it on our last trip for blisters! Worked way better than a bandaid and saved my excursion. (I still think it was weird that he brought bonding agent in case we lost a dental crown!!)

Jeez.

hold together that laundry bag stuffed with way too many clothes to take advantage of the $25 laundry special.

I used to think bringing duct tape was silly...until I last cruised and had 3 different occasions to need it, including the laundry issue. Fortunately a friend had some.. :)

I know what folks say about why they take it.........

However, in 35 years of cruising, I've never missed not having it. Once I needed it for a broken zipper on a suitcase...and the Purser's desk was glad to loan me theirs.

I don't get it either.

Archived