What is near the pier in Seattle?

aprilivy

We're flying into Seattle fairly early the morning of our cruise on the Golden. We don't want to just go and sit at the pier while everyone is disembarking, but don't really have time to sightsee. Really not sure what we'll do with our time when we're hauling around suitcases! Maybe wasn't such a great idea to go this early but...

What I would like to do, is find a Walgreens or something nearby where we can buy some Pepsi to take on board....anyone know the area?

I haven't cruised from Pier 66 (Bell Street Pier) before, but according to the port's website there is a luggage check available:

Luggage storage is available at both the Bell Street Pier Cruise Terminal and the Terminal 91 Cruise Facility. Please contact the Cruise Seattle Concierge at (206) 441-6666 for details.

From the pier, you can easily walk to Pike Place Market, the Seattle Aquarium, and the downtown shopping areas. The closest Walgreens is at 2nd and Pike which is just north of Pike Place market. There are also several spots in the market to buy things like soda.

Have a great cruise!

I haven't cruised from Pier 66 (Bell Street Pier) before, but according to the port's website there is a luggage check available:

Luggage storage is available at both the Bell Street Pier Cruise Terminal and the Terminal 91 Cruise Facility. Please contact the Cruise Seattle Concierge at (206) 441-6666 for details.

From the pier, you can easily walk to Pike Place Market, the Seattle Aquarium, and the downtown shopping areas. The closest Walgreens is at 2nd and Pike which is just north of Pike Place market. There are also several spots in the market to buy things like soda.

Have a great cruise!

In a word, no. There is no real sign of life near Terminal 91 grocery store wise until you go about 1.5-2 miles north to the QFC. I suggest you get it before you go to the pier, unless you seriously like walking, and/or climbing three flights of stairs to the top of the bridge to catch a bus that would take you somewhere to do it. Sorry......

I should have asked which pier you were sailing from. Is it Terminal 91? If so, then SeattleCruiselover is entirely correct, there is very little in the area that you can walk to. From Pier 66, you have many more walkable options.

You could still go to your terminal when you arrive, check bags into luggage storage and then catch either a cab or bus to the downtown area or to the Seattle Center area. By cab, it would be very close and wouldn't be an exorbitant fare.

I agree with the locals - a short cab ride from the RC pier (near Qwest/Safeco fields - don't know what number that one is). In 2006, we dropped our bags at the terminal around 10:00 am, took a short cab into downtown (around $12 for four of us), wandered around Pikes Market, had lunch, some refreshments etc, and returned to the ship around 3 pm for a 5 pm departure. Was a wonderful quick glimpse of Seattle. Cabs were readily available also.

Archived