Will my 7 year old daughter really enjoy the Bering Sea Crab Fisherman's Tour?

ShipOFools

in Ketchikan. (NCL Pearl mid July family of 3) Or is all the fuss and gushing over it overblown? She has been to Sea World, Epcot, Magic Kingdom, 6 Flags, etc. In other words, she needs to be really engaged to enjoy 4 something hours.

Truth of kids insight, anyone with experience?

Based on things our GD likes, I would think a 7 yr would be love the parts where crab pots are brought up, fish lines are lifted out of the water, touching the octopus, wildlife spotting and the eagles for sure. Crabs are carefully handed around so everyone can experience sealife first hand. There are huge aquariums that hold interesting finds that she could watch up close. It's perfectly fine for kids to move around the boat and ask the crew questions. I think she would enjoy it.

We bought the Deadliest Catch video on the boat. Watching it now brings back the wonderful experience. It's one of the things we hope to show our GD .

I think the biggest danger is not that she wouldn't enjoy it, but after the tour she'll want to become a Bering Sea fisher when she grows up.

There is a risk factor. Our Annie got herself a job as a cook on a Bering Sea fishing boat. Lasted the season. Won't do another. I am out of date for the wishes of 7 year olds.

On our tour there was a boy and a girl around the age of your daughter. They really liked to get up close to the tanks to look at the catch, so much so they would get in the way of the adults trying to take pictures. Also, a couple of the crewmembers gave those kids special attention, bringing the crab to the kids first, as if us adults weren't interested. I think a 7 yr old would be in awe of the eagles just like the adults. That's really something to see.

I'd concur that the 7 yr old would enjoy it! The crew did a great job of engaging the kids & getting special photos with them (including the crabs, etc). They even allowed the kids to toss out the sardines to the eagles - which was just another spectacular part of the tour!

Booked the excursion today. NCL Pearl July 17th SOLD OUT! Called the vendor direct and they had less than a dozen spaces left so I saved almost $35. The trade off is we are booked in sickness or in health or high water.

Archived