New Orleans embarkation

CorvetteLady

I read in a review that there are separate lines for each deck when you check-in. I only saw it in one review so was wondering if they do this all the time. Our group has two cabins on different decks. Would like to stay together during the check-in but don't know if they will allow that.

Thanks in advance! :)

In Jan. we embraked like every other port. We parked in the garage, took the elevator up to the building level, went to security and into a line for check in. I may have changed sicne then since lines did get very long but i doubt it.

I was on the Fantasy in May and there were seperate lines for different decks. But we got there around 2 and the line director guy just sent us to the shortest line. Everyone went to the same bank of embarkation staff, just several lines instead of one really long snakey line. I doubt it would be a problem for your group to stay together.

HTH

When we sailed in March, there were lines for different decks. I think it is just to help with crowd control during the busy times. All agents behind the counter had the ability to move from to different spots and access everything they needed. I do not think it will be a problem at all for you to all check in together.

Everyone can stay together until it is time to get your Boarding Docs and S & S Card...they do seperate various decks at that point...but not each deck seperately... (ex...Main and Riverea together)..

The object is to keep the lines shorters so you do not feel you are in line as long.

we just sailed on the fantasy last week and there were seperate check-in lines for each deck... i'm not sure how they would handle it if your group would like to stay together, i'm sure you could just ask. that was the only part of the embarkation process that i saw had seperate lines. we had several rooms under one credit card and they wanted us all at the counter at one time. so if that's the case for you guys, i'm sure they'd let you stick together. otherwise you just meet up in the side area after check-in.

Like the others said, there are different lines for each deck, but I'm sure you can ask if your group can be kept together. However, if you just want to be together to board the ship, this isn't an issue. The line your are in (that is separated by decks) is only to go through your boarding docs and get your S&S. After you finish in this line, you go to another area to get your boarding number and wait. So if you just want to be together to board, you can always wait in your separate lines and then just wait for the rest of the group to finish before going to the seating/waiting area and getting your boarding number. HTH.

Be aware that this port just has one HUGE room....so even if you are all in totally separate lines....you will never lose sight of one another...even after you sit down (after checking in) you can still see the entire room....

Archived