Any Docs Yet For 1/15 Voyager?

nicsdad

If They Don't Come Soon I'm Going To Bust!!! My 10 Year Old Daughter Wants To Know If There Are Any Other 10 Year Olds To "hang Out With". See Ya On Board!!!!

My wife and I are on that cruise also. Our travel agent called on Monday saying ours just came in. I'm going Saturday to pic them up. :)

-fjr

I'm on the 1/9/05 sailing of Jewel in 9256 (YEAH!) and just got the docs yesterday. Actually, not what I expected as far as "docs" go. This is more of a spiral notebook than the other type of actual booklet tickets that used to come in a leatherette folder (as I received from HAL last May).

Either way, WHO CARES??!! They're here, RCCL didn't screw up the res., got late dining confirmed (now just hope they come through with a table for 2 or 4 (minus the other 2 people) and I'll be all set. I know that sounds terribly anti-social, but in my job I answer phones and deal with customer service all day long and on my vacation I would just like some peace and quiet and not a lot of chit-chat.

Happy Sailing!!

Lauderdalebob - We understand completely about the table for two. My husband is in sales and he talks to people (usually strangers or maybe just plain strange!!) and when we are on vacation, the only people that he wants to speak to are me and our daughter, maybe the wait staff!! Have a wonderful vacation!!!

If They Don't Come Soon I'm Going To Bust!!!

As a cruise agency owner who never gets documents when he cruises (booking number only), I can't seem to get it about how important it is that a customer receive his/her documents not one day later than someone else. If it meant getting on the ship sooner, then I'd get it. But to be truthful, documents remind me of Christmas decorations on the street -- the earlier they put them up, the more annoyed I become that there is such a large interval between decorations and the actual holiday. I personally can't wait until all docs are edocs.

Okay, I've been sitting here trying to think of a way to reply to the last post to my question about my docs for the 1/15 Voyager. I'm having trouble verbalizing how rude I think you are. Do you see how many people on this board are waiting for their documents to arrive?? 99% of the people who read this board are not cruise agency owners. Also, there are alot of first time cruisers who want to see what is in the packet and start dreaming about how wonderful their first cruise is going to be. This is my 21st cruise and I still can't wait to get the docs. This means that the vacation that I waited so long for and worked so hard to pay for is getting close. So, it's not having the actual pieces of paper in my hand, but it is what they represent. Because you are a cruise agency owner, I quess that you have become used to seeing a set of docs, but as for us non owners, they still mean something to us. Maybe you should think before you say speak, or write.

Okay, I've been sitting here trying to think of a way to reply to the last post to my question about my docs for the 1/15 Voyager. I'm having trouble verbalizing how rude I think you are. Do you see how many people on this board are waiting for their documents to arrive??

Ok, you can call it rude if you want, but I think you mean I'm dumb for asking such a question. If you want to really see rude, try working for me for a week. You would gain a whole different perspective.

First of all, I probably cruised 6 or 7 times prior to getting into this business and can honestly tell you that I have no idea when I got docs in my hands for any one of them. Coulda been a month before, coulda been a week. For me (even now), the excitement comes from making a decision on the next cruise and booking it. Yet even though docs now mean next to nothing (see post after yours) as soon as a CC customer finds out that someone else has "docs" for their trip, the phone calls begin to my staff insisting that we drop everything to give them answers, and one of the UNACCEPTABLE answers is that docs are issued at different times -- air/sea are issued later and group inventory tickets (which you may be part of even though you are only one cabin) have a totally separate release date than individual res. And these phone calls are often 5 weeks prior to sailing.The irony is that documents today serve almost no purpose (especially,if you preregister online), yet "where are my tickets" is the most common "servicing" phone call that we receive. Like I said in my initial post, the days of totally electronic ticketing can't come soon enough.

Archived