atlantica cruise review 11/28-12/5

DavidandMarie

Thank goodness for Andy, without him, this Costa board would be as dead as the Dead Sea. He is just the type my husband and I would love to meet on shipboard! By the way, while on the subject of shipmates, here is something I copied from one of the cruise boards, I carry it with me on every cruise we go on. We cruise a lot, all types of cruise lines, we love Costa.

Always Be Sure to Improve Something Negative

Pretty simple but common courtesies are:

1) Stay in your cabin if you are a whiner

2) Keep that ugly frown off your face and out of my eyesight when you don't like something or....stay in your cabin

3) Focus on the positive and laugh at the negative or....stay in your cabin

4) Last and most important....Bitch Slap yourself into a better mood before leaving your cabin if you are prone to an "attitude"...or stay in your cabin.

LOL... ROFL... Good one Hei1980!! *wink*

DavidandMarie:

What's wrong with being all over this site? I thought that's what Cruise Critic is all about... sharing information, opinions, experiences, the good ones and the bad ones.

As you can see from here and other forums I am not the only one who loves Costa and had a wonderful time. Many other CC members experienced the same what we did. Again I understand that an opinion is very subjective. I certainly don't have a problem with that. I am actually glad, that not everybody shares the same opinion. And that's why we also enjoy Freedom of Speech, a wonderful right in a even more wonderful country.

I am not critizising anybody's opinion here, you may have yours and I may have mine. And if I would have a wonderful experience with Carnival, Cunard, HAL, RCCL, or other cruise line, I would equally share my experience and praise them. What's wrong with that?

Some however rather picking ONLY on the bad things, ONLY see everything negative, regardless what's going on around them. Some you could even give a 7-night cruise for free and they still would find something to complain about.

I'm "sorry" that I like how Costa handles things and that I am a happy Costa customer. And don't think that Costa does not have things they do wrong. No cruiseline, no staff member or cruise experience (even the most exclusive and expensive one) will be perfect for everybody. Nobody is being forced to cruise with a specific cruise line. It's YOUR choice. And it's also YOUR choice what you make out of a cruise vacation or any vacation. It's not as much as what is good or bad, or what are the positive and negative aspects... more likely it's the mindset and the openess of a person which determines if you are happy or unhappy.

As Hei1980 says, just follow those 4 rules and cruising will be a whole different experience.

That said, another comment of mine, another post. I still love Costa and sail again, may you like it or not. But if you are not happy with Costa, please make sure to read all the other cruise line forums as well. Again, no cruise line is perfect.

Until then, I hope to meet people like Hei1980 on our next cruise! You folks seemed to be as much fun and open minded as we are.

And no worry.... This is definately not my last post. You probably find me "all over" here. ;-)

Happy Cruising everybody!

Andy

Cool Andy...........:)

Now...have you secured any more pics or floorplans of the PS aft suites? I can't find any but those 360 degree deals. Inquiring minds want to know. :p

I'm in the starboard corner for the Feb 13th sailing.

Chaparral:

Sorry, could not find any pictures of the aft Panorama Suites, just the virtual tour. Posted a great site in one of the other forums "Cabin Selection".

We will be also in the aft starboard PS, cabin # 5266!

I'll definately post some pictures after we return from the Mediterranea on Feb. 6, 2005., including cabin, balcony and bath room, so that we finally have some pics available.... LOL

Andy

Colombia:

No I don't think I'll do the shore excursions in advance. If (and only if) we should decide, we may book it while on board.

Usually we are trying to take adventures by ourselves and book excursions (like Stingray City in Grand Cayman) through local businesses. We only had very good experiences in the past. At some locations we also rent a car to get around and see things at our own pace, rather than a cattle run.

For the upcoming trip, we already reserved a vehicle in St. Thomas. So we definately will go out by ourselves there and explore the island(s), as we are planning to go to St. John as well...

Hey Andy, do you know why people drive on the left-hand side of the road in St. Thomas?

When the US purchased the islands from Denmark they wanted to change to mainland right-hand driving. They ran into problems. The problems were the donkeys (carrying bananas to the docks) they could not change the years of doing it one way. Just be careful out there, don't hit any two-legged donkeys!

ROFL ROFL ROFL...

Okay, I knew about the left hand driving, but I have not heard about the donkeys (two or four legged ones) ;-)

Promise, I will look out for donkeys and monkeys as well... (just in case)

You are too funny, Hei1980!!! ;-)

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Andy, do you know why people drive on the left-hand side of the road in St. Thomas?

When the US purchased the islands from Denmark they wanted to change to mainland right-hand driving. They ran into problems. The problems were the donkeys (carrying bananas to the docks) they could not change the years of doing it one way. Just be careful out there, don't hit any two-legged donkeys!

In our shore excusion to this beautiful island, we were told that it was voted upon to change the driving direction to driving on the right hand side of the road, but when there were several fatal accidents, they changed back to the way it is done today.

Mhhh... I did not really realize that. I know when we left Jamaica, we returned to the ship to have a beer and a late lunch at the pool bar. I went into the hot tub in the aft. But maybe they were done cleaning it already...

Just know I went in before we departed.

Archived