Question about the movie tour on Kauai w/helicopter

flashdog_1

If you do the add on helicopter trip with the original movie tour does it stop at the Kilaeua lighthouse on the way back to the ship? (or for that matter, NCL's movie tour with or without helicopter).

I'm comparing NCL's Heaven and Earth, which does not have the movie clips, but visits many of the same sites, but does include a stop at the Kilaeua lighthouse.

I'd sure like to have it all! Thanks for any advice.

We did the original movie tour directly with the company. i think it cheaper than NCL It was a all day tour but very enjoyable. There were only 14 seat so alot of personal attention. They pick you up at the pier .

I emailed them and they replied that they do not stop there, but you can see it in the distance from the Hanalei stop. Still looking for an excursion that stops there other than "Heaven and Earth." Anyone?

We were on the 5/16/09 sailing. We did the movie tour direct with the company (not NCL). We did not stop at the light house. There were 2 people on the tour that booked the helicopter also. We stopped at the airport on the way back to the ship and the driver took them in to make sure they were ok, then took us back to the ship.

We were on the 5/16/09 sailing. We did the movie tour direct with the company (not NCL). We did not stop at the light house. There were 2 people on the tour that booked the helicopter also. We stopped at the airport on the way back to the ship and the driver took them in to make sure they were ok, then took us back to the ship.

The original Movie Tour company has stops that others cannot do, the most notable being the Coco Palms, where Elvis filmed Blue Hawaii. Many others were made there, including one that just finished filming. The hotel closed 17 years ago and the Movie Tour company is the managers of the property. Incredible place to see some of Kauai's history from long ago.

The original Movie Tour company has stops that others cannot do, the most notable being the Coco Palms, where Elvis filmed Blue Hawaii. Many others were made there, including one that just finished filming. The hotel closed 17 years ago and the Movie Tour company is the managers of the property. Incredible place to see some of Kauai's history from long ago.

Other than the Coco Palms, having the screen to watch the clips and sing alongs! aren't there a couple of other tours that cover the same land area, though?

I just have not made up my mind about what is more important to me!

Other than the Coco Palms, having the screen to watch the clips and sing alongs! aren't there a couple of other tours that cover the same land area, though?

I just have not made up my mind about what is more important to me!

Um, well, not sure how to answer that one. There is only one highway on Kauai, so it's hard for tours not to criss cross. As far as I know, they are the only ones who go so far inland to see some waterfalls and then continue so far north. I know because of Movie Tours success, a couple of companies decided to follow them around....like NCL.

Archived