RECENT Cruisers - Shorts in Dining Room

carla1183

They probably keep their opinions to themselves. Can't believe you wouldn't have enough respect for yourself and for others to adhere to a simple and not inconvenient dresscode.

You probably see things that are not there.... I live at the beach and wear shorts to work and church... take that you shorts snob.

roflmao!!!

Carnival. This is our 15th.

My husband doesn't even go ot to dinner at HOME in shorts. He wears PANTS.

I rest on what Mr. Pete says. Guess those are the ones who keep trying to justify wearing shorts.

I was told by one of the hostesses on the Valor (which I was just on) that you need to wear a jacket and dress pants on Elegant night (there are two on a 7 day cruise) but that every other night, wear whatever you like...shorts, jeans, etcetera. NO TANK TOPS, NO BATHING SUITS, but everything else was permissable. On elegant night, I saw guys wearing jeans, polo's with a dress jacket on, and no one asked them to leave.

We were just on the Liberty and many men ,my husband included,wore nice shorts on casual nights.I would say more than half the men had on shorts and golf shorts. The maitre'd came over to our table when my husband was wearing nice shorts and was very gracious and smiling,even connented that he liked DH's shirt!

Go back and read post #5..........

Here's part of post #5:

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats.

I guess that's why they specify in their dress code about men wearing long pants on "casual night". I do not believe they have instituted a "slob night".

here is the dress code, what the OP is discribing is permitted

"Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs). "

Here's part of post #5:

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats.

IT ALSO SAYS dress shorts are allowed.... what don't you get?

Here's part of post #5:

Here let me help.......this is what it really says:

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats.

OP, I think if you stick with the dress code you'll be fine.

I think there are a lot of older cruisers that want the whole elegant night every night and you can actually get that, but just not on Carnival.

Celebrity makes you dress up 75% of the cruise, and I don't believe they allow shorts in the dining room, HOWEVER Carnival DOES.

So those that frown on it, take it up with those that make the rules, the rest of us will go with the flow..................

Carole

OP, I think if you stick with the dress code you'll be fine.

I think there are a lot of older cruisers that want the whole elegant night every night and you can actually get that, but just not on Carnival.

Celebrity makes you dress up 75% of the cruise, and I don't believe they allow shorts in the dining room, HOWEVER Carnival DOES.

So those that frown on it, take it up with those that make the rules, the rest of us will go with the flow..................

Carole

Well said

I rest on what Mr. Pete says. Guess those are the ones who keep trying to justify wearing shorts.

Shorts are not appropriate in every dining establishment. None of us can presume to know where you eat when you are at home. Nice shorts are appropriate in Carnival dining rooms on casual nights.

What type of shirt do you allow him to wear?

And some men wear speedos....lol

Unless you are on a swim team and are at a sporting event or workouts - DO NOT WEAR!

You're darn tootin' (I don't think I've even TYPED that :eek:).

Wish the 60= ish guy who thought he looked like Adonis on my last RCCL cruise knew that.

Guess you haven't read the Maitre D's face correctly....

I guess that's why they specify in their dress code about men wearing long pants on "casual night". I do not believe they have instituted a "slob night".

It also shows some respect for yourself and your fellow diners.....I know they've "Got Milk", but, "Got Respect" ?

Are you serious? Surely you are sitting there laughing as you type this stuff? Because I am laughing as I am reading it.... LMAO... Slob night? Seriously? :rolleyes:

They probably keep their opinions to themselves. Can't believe you wouldn't have enough respect for yourself and for others to adhere to a simple and not inconvenient dresscode.

Ummm...... we are adhering to the dress code.... read it again, carefully this time.

I'm pretty sure no one here has to justify anything, sounds like you're getting way too defensive trying to justify why they shouldn't..... and if your dh wants to wear pants, that's fine with me, it won't affect my dining experience :D

You're darn tootin' (I don't think I've even TYPED that :eek:).

Wish the 60= ish guy who thought he looked like Adonis on my last RCCL cruise knew that.

The Viva Fortuna on GBI (Freeport) has a lot of Europeans that frequent it.... What is it with speedo and European men? WOW!! way to much information if you get my drift.... and BTW I love the "tootin" - lol

Here let me help.......this is what it really says:

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats.

LMAO!!! I was wondering if I was the only one who caught that!

Shorts are not appropriate in every dining establishment. None of us can presume to know where you eat when you are at home. Nice shorts are appropriate in Carnival dining rooms on casual nights.

What type of shirt do you allow him to wear?

This is a P-G rated board. I cannot post such information.

Geez--I think I'd rather be dining with the Beverly Hillbillies. At least THEY wore pants and shirts to the dinner table!

Geez--I think I'd rather be dining with the Beverly Hillbillies. At least THEY wore pants and shirts to the dinner table!

And quite honestly most of us would like you to dine with them also... please do not sit at my table.... oh wait that's why my wife and I ALWAYS request a table for 2... with a 20 to the Maitre D

I totally agree with 24butterfly...Is it really SUCH a HUGE effort to slide into a pair of pants and wear a decent shirt to dinner? If it is, then that's what the Lido deck cafeteria/pizza bar/pool bar/room service is for !!!!

Nothing worse than trying to enjoy your evening meal while spotting a crude tattoo on some guy's leg 'cause he's wearing pool shorts in the D.R !!!!

ewww

lol

Archived