pre cruise in seattle need hotel advice

sillysoup

Hi,

I am going out of my mind! I have read 116 pages of the seattle Q/A blog! Even after all of that I still cannot choose the right hotel. I have 2 teens that are not going to share a double bed. Most of the reasonably priced hotels have 2 dbls and one rollaway. I have read to stay away from the park near silver cloud because it was taken over by homeless people and watch for the puddles they aren't water. I've also read that the hotels near space needle are not desireable. The Edgewater is perfect because it is directley across from pier 66 but the price is crazy for a cityside view(over $400). I want a hotel that will sleep 2 adults and 2 teens comfortably,is that asking for too much? HELP!!!! I am almost willing to spend the $400 because I have had it. I than think about food and whatever other expenses and that is the price of a mini vacation. This is for one night!

Thank you to who ever can help me.

Hi,

I am going out of my mind! I have read 116 pages of the seattle Q/A blog! Even after all of that I still cannot choose the right hotel. I have 2 teens that are not going to share a double bed. Most of the reasonably priced hotels have 2 dbls and one rollaway. I have read to stay away from the park near silver cloud because it was taken over by homeless people and watch for the puddles they aren't water. I've also read that the hotels near space needle are not desireable. The Edgewater is perfect because it is directley across from pier 66 but the price is crazy for a cityside view(over $400). I want a hotel that will sleep 2 adults and 2 teens comfortably,is that asking for too much? HELP!!!! I am almost willing to spend the $400 because I have had it. I than think about food and whatever other expenses and that is the price of a mini vacation. This is for one night!

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/sealu-residence-inn-seattle-downtown-lake-union/

The "park" near the Silver Cloud Stadium is not especially close (maybe half a mile), so no need to concern yourselves with that IMO. And by the way the homeless people in the square were there long before the Silver Cloud showed up.

Are you looking for a quad room or two rooms each with two beds?

We are staying at the Seattle Marriott Waterfront. We are paying under $200.00 per night for the three of us and it's right there where the pier is. I was told that the bell folks will assist us with our luggage to the cruise terminal.

Hi,

i looked up hotels on the american airlines site and they had the edgewater for $139 a night. i sure wish i was going on my cruise this year instead of next june so i could have booked it. i didnt look at all the details of the booking as far a dates that were bookable or if you had too book a flight to get the great price but it sure caught my eye when i saw the listing for it. you might want to check it out. i just stayed at the ramada inn downtown and it was really nice for the money. it was close to eateries and walkable to the market and things. i hope i have helped a little and the edgewater is duable for you.

Hi,

We go to Seattle often - I usually put in $99 bid on priceline for 4 star hotel in downtown Seattle and have gotten the Edgewater every time. You will get the streetside view (vs. waterview) - but for the price - it is worth it. From there, we can walk to the Aquarium, Pikes Place Market and many other places. Only drawback is parking is high - so we park across the street for $10. Last did this Nov 08 -so hopefully it is still working.

We go to Seattle often - I usually put in $99 bid on priceline for 4 star hotel in downtown Seattle and have gotten the Edgewater every time. You will get the streetside view (vs. waterview) - but for the price - it is worth it. From there, we can walk to the Aquarium, Pikes Place Market and many other places. Only drawback is parking is high - so we park across the street for $10. Last did this Nov 08 -so hopefully it is still working.
The Edgewater virtually never comes up on PL during cruise season, and I doubt they have quad rooms either. Probably one of the "suite" hotels is the OP's best bet, or else looking for two connecting rooms with 2 beds in one of them, which shouldn't be impossible to find.

It sounds like the Sheraton is coming up most often with Priceline this year, with winning bids being in the sub-$100 range, so $200 all in. Might be competitive, might not. Unfortunately you can't specify using PL whether a room has one bed or two (usually one) so it's a real crapshoot.

If it's for one night the OP might be better off looking at hotels near the airport, and phoning about the connecting-room idea mentioned above. Serious money might be saved.

We stayed at Silver Cloud Broadway last week, nice hotel out of the way but very reasonable, great breakfast and nice shuttle around the area....great price too under 100 with tax...pool as well might be nice for the kids!

Try the Homewood Suites on Pike--they have suites with 2 queen beds and a pullout that should work well for you. And it should be well under $400.

Another option is a Lux Suite at the Hotel Andra, which has a king bed in the bedroom, a pullout and there's room for a rollaway. This summer I've seen them going for under $200 or just a little over, depending on the exact dates.

not sure of your dates.......but you could try Hotwire or PL for downtown Seattle and book 2 rooms instead of worrying about 1 room being large enough and the beds being configured properly. On HW or PL, you could most likely get rooms at around $100 each. The biggest benefit of 2 rooms is 2 bathrooms IMO. Even if the hotel isn't right across the street, you are going to be only a short taxi ride away and you will still be better off than 1 room at $400.

I used HW for our precruise stay at the beginning of July for 4* hotel which was priced at $79. We will be staying at the Westin

not sure of your dates.......but you could try Hotwire or PL for downtown Seattle and book 2 rooms instead of worrying about 1 room being large enough and the beds being configured properly. On HW or PL, you could most likely get rooms at around $100 each. The biggest benefit of 2 rooms is 2 bathrooms IMO. Even if the hotel isn't right across the street, you are going to be only a short taxi ride away and you will still be better off than 1 room at $400.

I used HW for our precruise stay at the beginning of July for 4* hotel which was priced at $79. We will be staying at the Westin

Good idea...we got the Sheraton for $95 and two rooms would still be much less then the $400 for the Edgewater.

Also, if there is a Springhill suites nearby...they have two queens and a pullout in the living room...might be something to consider.

My friends and I (three of us) are staying at the Hotel Sorrento before our cruise in August. We have a suite with a separate bedroom with two queens and a living room with a sofa sleeper for $215 per night. While I haven't stayed at this hotel (never been to Seattle), it gets very good reviews on Tripadvisor.

Good luck and have fun on your cruise!

Archived