PV Canopy Tours-How kid friendly are they?

mimi2009

I am a brand new member to CC and am searching for feedback regarding the canopy tours. My husband and I will be going on the Mariner of the Seas with our 11 year old daughter in August and are considering zip lining. The ships have a minimum age restriction of 12, while some of the tour companies have a restriction of 8 yrs old. If anyone has taken their child/children on any of these, I would love to hear back so that we can start planning for August! :) Thanks!

Our son did his first Zipline in PV when he was 11. He was (and still is) a slender guy. I don't recall if HE had to pushed. But, I have heard funny stories from them about the adults getting stuck, freaking out etc. BTW, I'm one of those adults who will not go on a zipline...too chicken I guess:o

It's not so much a height issue as a weight problem. The lines operate on a simple gravity/momentum principle. Lighter people or kids sometimes don't generate enough momentum to make it across the longer lines. He will be told to curl up into a tight ball and he should be OK. If not, one of the guides will go out and bring him back. No big deal as they have to do it for a lot of adults, too.

Make sure you look around at the scenery as you zip along. Absolutely terrific.

Yeah - I was one of those adults that had to be 'rescued' :o. Everyone said to look at the scenery so I did on one of the lines. Guess it was one that had a gentler slope - or I lost weight about then... or in looking around I got more perpendicular than needed and slowed down too soon. Okay - lots of reasons/excuses ;).

And there were kids galore on our trip, so if she is willing... (my hubby was NOT!)

Go and enjoy, we did our first zip line 2 years ago in Jamaica. My son had just turned 12 at that time but was probably more ready to go than I was. The first zip was a little scary (well maybe more than a little) but after that we all had a ball.

We too will be in PV in August on the Mariner and looking forward to going again! Go for it you will not regret it.

By the way, which sailing are you on in August? We have a lively roll call going, if you are on the 16th sailing stop on by and join in. A lot of our group is doing various zip lines.

We're looking forward to doing the Canopy Adventure tour through NCL for the first time in PV this fall!

Never been zip-lining before, so not sure what to expect. I'm not sure which company or ziplines they use?

Should be a fun experience!

:)

Los Veranos. in PV.............very kid friendly. There were young kids on our excursion, and the guides took special care with them. As far as getting stuck halfway across..............sometimes it just happens. My husband got marooned at one point, and was quickly retrieved by a laughing guide. Have no fear, it's safe, and a real rush. Los Veranos has these cute little monkeys that you can hold and feed after the ziplining. Your kids would love them. Don't book through the ship. Book on-line, it's cheaper and you will be less people on the tour.

Thanks to everyone that replied! If she gets 'stuck', I'm probably the one that will get a little freaked out. lol. Hopefully that doesn't happen. :o We're really looking forward to it! We're booked on the Mariner 08/09/09. If anyone else is going, sign up for the Meet and Mingle and introduce yourself!

Archived