Last wish

pukalani48

My MIL was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer last fall and was told she has just months. Last month she fell when she lost feeling on one side, and the scan showed she had lesions in her brain. Had to have radiation treatments. Now she's in a wheelchair and trying to finish all her efforts in putting her affairs in order.

So I certainly understand what you want to do. I would suggest making sure his doctor updates his tests, just to make sure there's no unnecessary surprises on his cruise.

I hope everything goes all right.

I agree with everyone.

Right before Thanksgiving 2007, we had a family event and one of my cousins (late 60's) was complaining that she had a cold or bronchitis that wouldn't go away. They live in Connecticut and the event was in Ca. We tried to convince her to not go home for Thanksgiving, but to come to the beach with the family, including her daughter and grandchildren. She didn't want to leave the dogs, so they (she and her husband, who is the actual relative) spent it at home with the dogs. In January, she was diagnosed with lung cancer, and she died on July 4 last year.

So go, and go sooner rather than later - my thoughts and sympathies are with you.

Absolutely, a cruise is a great idea! My father was diagnosed with terminal cancer just a few months after he retired. My parents had always planned to spend retirement doing a great deal of traveling, so they booked several cruises on Princess (Panama Canal, Alaska and Southern Carribbean) right away. My Dad said they were all the trip of a lifetime, and he enjoyed himself so very much. And now that he's gone, the memories of those trips are very comforting for my mother. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your loved ones!

Archived