What's Your Rationale for Picking Cabin Location?

I learned long ago to not book guarantees. On my 2nd cruise (Carnival Victory) I booked a guarantee and the the cabin we were assigned was directly above the Piano Bar!:eek: Every night until late I heard "Sweet Caroline" and "Piano Man" like it was being played right in my cabin.

From then on I never booked a guarantee and made sure to ONLY choose a cabin on a deck in which the deck BOTH above and below are all cabins also. And that is my one and only rationale for picking my cabin location.

Anyone else like to share their rationale?

DJD

I noticed no one mentioned starboard or port--leaving from New York, we like port--then the Statue of Liberty is on your side when you come back in--a beautiful sight from the balcony in the amazingly ALWAYS very quiet morning. Other than that, we book nearest where we are most likely to spend a lot of time, and not too far from an elevator. Had a guaranty twice on last minute cruises--lucked out both times and were just where we wanted to be.

From then on I never booked a guarantee and made sure to ONLY choose a cabin on a deck in which the deck BOTH above and below are all cabins also. And that is my one and only rationale for picking my cabin location.

Likewise, for sure! But I also consider port or starboard. I tend to do mostly repositioning cruises and generally prefer to be on the "land" side of things.

Why is an Aft balcony so popular?

The wake of the ship is always enjoyable to watch, the slow sway of the ships rear end, and the wind is generally tame on the balcony. The outside space is a bit larger than side balconies.

The other plus is you're within a deck or two of the buffet area and the outdoor cafe.

ahhhh...i remember the days you were an NCL newbie. nice that you have come to be one of the proud posters here...along with your TX boys. HOOK'EM!

how about Nov 27 on the EPIC?................yes 2010

You just can't get anyome to go with you!!!:)

Why is an Aft balcony so popular?

It's very quiet when it comes to foot traffic. Your suite and balcony is usally a little larger, you have the whole stern to look out over the wake---it's more romantic IMHO, and the Outdoor Cafe is only one or two decks up above you. We just love them along with a AB suite--just depends on where and how long we are cruising!!!

Archived