2:30 dolphin dive

cruisincool

I'm on the Dawn Princess in Cozumel for the day 8am-6pm, and have reserved a dolphin dive at 2:30 pm central time. Now I'm nervous about the time difference and getting back to the ship by 5:30. Am I cutting it too close?

Any info would be appreciated.

Erica

A prior post web address is not correct. I found the correct one:

http://www.*****dive.asp#

It looks like the package lasts 60 minutes. 20 minute video and 40 minute dive. So 2:30-3:30. Even if the dive runs a little long (on one tank, how long can it run over?), even if your ship doesn't change to local time I think you are fine.

It should not be over a 15 minute taxi ride back + how long it takes you to after the excursion to get to to the taxi and walk to the ship.

It should not be over a 15 minute taxi ride back + how long it takes you to get to the taxi after the excursion aand to get to to the taxi and walk to the ship.

Did you book directly, through the cruise line, or someone else?

There are cruise ship piers in Cozumel - tendering is usually not required. If you are going to be there Dec 28 looks like there are only 5 (Only 5? - But it gets much worse sometimes) ships in port and Dawn Princess is the first to leave so taxis will be zipping back and forth.

http://www.cruisecal.com/dnn/Default.aspx?tabid=30

My bet is that your ship clock changes timezones, so all of this is probably a non-issue. Call Princess (or your TA) and ask...

Normally the Dolphin Encounter is the activity offered at 2:30pm. If this is the case, it's a total from beginning to end of about 45 minutes. I don't recall a video shown for the Encounter since most of what it covers is explained while you are on the platform in the water.

Just FYI- most of the time the ship stays on the same time as the departure city for the whole cruise so if you are departing from Florida (EST) your actual time in Cozumel would be 1 hour earlier (CST).

Normally the Dolphin Encounter is the activity offered at 2:30pm. If this is the case, it's a total from beginning to end of about 45 minutes. I don't recall a video shown for the Encounter since most of what it covers is explained while you are on the platform in the water.

Just FYI- most of the time the ship stays on the same time as the departure city for the whole cruise so if you are departing from Florida (EST) your actual time in Cozumel would be 1 hour earlier (CST).

I think she is asking about the Dolphin Dive where you use scuba equipment and that is what the website says - 20 minute video and a 40 minute dive:

http://www.*****dive.asp

On the two Carnival cruises I was on last year (Elation and Conquest), both changed times to whatever the local time was. Some ships do and some ships don't.

Archived