8 Questions about Pride of America, BG category

flashdog_1

1) Is there a capuccino machine in the buffet area?

2) I understand that on port days the main restaurants are closed at lunch time, is this true for breakfast as well? Hope not, or else the buffet will be a mad house. If open, is the 2nd main restaurant open for balcony and above on PofA?

3) I noticed that BG balconies far forward deck 7 are just huge! Are they covered, partially covered or totally open to the sun? Are there any drawbacks to this location (I know it's far from the buffet). There is a sale on these cabins on my sailing and I'm thinking of upgrading from my G category.

4) It even appears that the BG cabins in the aft section are larger than some of the other balconies. Can anyone substantiate this?

5) My travel agent said the sizes given are in a range, no specifics: The BG is square footage of 178- 223. I'm guessing that includes cabin and balcony, and the largest ones are those forward, and the smaller ones aft. But if all other balconies are only 136 sq ft that still means the BG balcony is at least 42 sq ft instead of the standard 36. I bet NCL will tell me the exact sq footage, don't you think?

6) One of Roberts' independent excursions says it starts at 8:05 and the ship is supposed to dock at 8. Is it really possible to get off early when there are so many people booked on NCL excursions that have prioritiy, especialy in Kona where you tender in.

7) I have booked at present one of the end G ocean view obstructed that does not have a lifeboat in front of it, 742. There is a balcony of another category on its left and a lifeboat on its right. It appears from the deck plan that we'll be able to look straight out, though. Anyone been in this cabin or noted it?

8) So many people have said they booked a balcony port side because of viewing the NaPali coast but if they had to do it again would book starboard so they didn't have to look at the industrial pier. Is it THAT bad?

I'm really leaning toward upgrading but don't want to waste my money if my afternoon/evenings outside will be ugly!

Thanks for your help.

I can answer a few of your ??? We were on the 5/16/09 sailing.

Skyline was open for breakfast every day. It was also open for lunch on the last day in Kauai. We were in a balcony and never saw that a main restaurant was open for breakfast for balcony cabins. Could have missed it though.

For the sail by of the Napali Coast you can easily go to the prommanade deck and get a great view. It wasn't that crowded.

I just got an email from another agency offering my "upgraded" cabin for only $60 more than I paid for the ocean view. Please help NOW. I'm going to ask my current agent if they can match it. NCL's website still shows the price my current agent is giving me.

I just got an email from another agency offering my "upgraded" cabin for only $60 more than I paid for the ocean view. Please help NOW. I'm going to ask my current agent if they can match it. NCL's website still shows the price my current agent is giving me.

TAKE IT! A balcony for Hawaii is SO WORTH IT!!!! Just having your morning coffee out there is such a wonderful way to start each day!

TAKE IT! A balcony for Hawaii is SO WORTH IT!!!! Just having your morning coffee out there is such a wonderful way to start each day!

Originally I took 7522 since it has the huge balcony, even though I wanted a cabin closer to the aft elevator. Then a stern BG opened so we switched! now I won't have to look at the industrial pier when overnight in Maui and Kuaui. Travel agent couldn't match the price but gave $50 more OBC for a total of $200 so it's almost the same.

capuccino machine in buffet?

Can I really get off the ship at 8 for an 8:05 Robert's excursion in Kona? Seems the NCl excursion ticket holders will have priority and I'll miss my tour!

I would definitely not count on getting on the tender first thing - the NCL exursions and the suite guests will fill up the early tenders! Our son was just on the POA and they chose an afternoon Kona private excursion (they went on Captain Zodiac) due to the tender situation.

Archived