Coral upcoming drydock

AndyTheK

Sorry if this question sounds newbie... I am, after all, a newbie :o

According to http://schedule.*****/PSkedVer2.xls

Coral Princess will be in drydock for two weeks in mid October. We're booked on the third cruise after her return. Does anyone know, or can point me to where I can find out, what facilities changes are going to be made, if any.

TIA.

Shalom, Andy.

Sorry if this question sounds newbie... I am, after all, a newbie :o

According to http://schedule.*****/PSkedVer2.xls

Coral Princess will be in drydock for two weeks in mid October. We're booked on the third cruise after her return. Does anyone know, or can point me to where I can find out, what facilities changes are going to be made, if any.

TIA.

Shalom, Andy.

They will probably put in MUTS(Movies under the Stars), the International Cafe, Vines and the Sanctuary. That is my guess as that what was put in on previous dry-docks(Golden, Star)

Marilyn

Mii is right, i think. I know she is definalyely right about MUTS (movies under the stars) I cant remember where i saw it but i did see somewhere official-ish that coral is getting muts in october 09.... too bad she didnt get it last year.. would have loved her to have it in 2 weeks when i'm on!

They will probably put in MUTS(Movies under the Stars), the International Cafe, Vines and the Sanctuary. That is my guess as that what was put in on previous dry-docks(Golden, Star)

Marilyn

The primary reason a ship usually goes into DRYDOCK is to service the underside of the ship. They usually inspect the stablizers, the thrusters and the propellers and look for any wear and tear or leaks and replace as necessary. Barnicles can also build up on the hull and this is a good time to clean them up and make the hull of the ship smooth again. If there is any machinery that has to be repaired or replaced, having the ship out of the water is a good time to do that in case they have to cut a hole in the hull as they did on the CB last year.

The Island Princess, the sister to Coral, has a Sanctuary area and I would think they would add that to the Coral also. MUTS is scheduled to be installed on the Coral at this time and the Island next year. Whatever they have on the Island that is new I would think they would do on the Coral also.

I do not believe they have MCP telephone service installed yet but this will be done along with WiFi throughout the ship if has not been done already.

I do not know if they have the newer flat screen TV sets yet on the coral, I know they did not have them when we last sailed on it in 2006 so that may be something that will be added.

Alan

We just got off our second sailing on the Coral Princess on june 15th, (Alaska) previously was on 4/2 (Panama Canal). It was announced that they were going to do the MUTS and they sure could use the flat screens in the rooms. We had a wonderful time on both cruises and cannot speak highly enough of the crew, amazingly hard workers and so willing to do anything for you.

We just got off our second sailing on the Coral Princess on june 15th, (Alaska) previously was on 4/2 (Panama Canal). It was announced that they were going to do the MUTS and they sure could use the flat screens in the rooms. We had a wonderful time on both cruises and cannot speak highly enough of the crew, amazingly hard workers and so willing to do anything for you.

HI- I know this is slightly off topic, but as you just came off.... My family and I are doing the june 29th northbound on the coral, and it is the first cruise for many of us. it is a 3 generational trip, and there are two of us in an age range that doesnt seem represented on this board much. could you tell me how many younger people were on your trip? especially younger adults? my brother is 20 and I am 25. in our group the closest to our age is a 14 year old cousin. the youngest uncle is in his late 30s.... also, what were the activities on board like? did people tend to go to sleep early or was there plenty to do if you are generally up later?

THANKS!!

So many of us on the Princess boards find the Coral/Island their favorite Princess ships... what do folks think about the changes and do you think it will effect the overall ambiance of the ship? Just curious?

I have sailed on the Coral three times and am very excited about my Panama FT in December, but I'm just wondering?

Thoughts?

VB1

Thanks to everyone who answered my question so far. This is our first Princess cruise, and so we aren't completely familiar with some of the nuances we read about here on CC.

Venus, you're on the trip right before mine (22 December)... I trust you'll whip everyone into shape for me :o:o

Shalom, Andy.

Andy - you said you were on the third cruise after the renovations. We will be on the Coral B2B from L.A. to FLL Nov. 7-Dec. 7. Is that one of the cruises you'll be on? I think there is only one cruise before ours, which would be 15 days out of FLL departing Oct. 23. Hopefully they'll work any "kinks" out on that cruise.

DH thinks for sure they'll put in MUTS and the Sanctuary, neither of which hold a lot of interest for us - (we know there are many of you out there who are at least huge MUTS fans!:cool:) - and probably flat screen tvs:D. Personally I am hoping for the International Piazza, including my absolute Princess favorite - Vines, with its sushi bar. However, I understand that when they overhauled the Island, they didn't add those (snoof). Anyone know for sure?

Andy - you said you were on the third cruise after the renovations. We will be on the Coral B2B from L.A. to FLL Nov. 7-Dec. 7. Is that one of the cruises you'll be on? I think there is only one cruise before ours, which would be 15 days out of FLL departing Oct. 23. Hopefully they'll work any "kinks" out on that cruise.

DH thinks for sure they'll put in MUTS and the Sanctuary, neither of which hold a lot of interest for us - (we know there are many of you out there who are at least huge MUTS fans!:cool:) - and probably flat screen tvs:D. Personally I am hoping for the International Piazza, including my absolute Princess favorite - Vines, with its sushi bar. However, I understand that when they overhauled the Island, they didn't add those (snoof). Anyone know for sure?

The firsst cruise after drydock is October 23rd, so yours is the 2nd. We are on the December 7th cruise, which makes Andy's cruise #5.

The firsst cruise after drydock is October 23rd, so yours is the 2nd. We are on the December 7th cruise, which makes Andy's cruise #5.

My bad... when I searched the spreadsheet, I only looked for "Lauderdale" and so caught only half the cruises :confused: Mine is the 22 December holiday cruise.

Like BayCalif, we aren't really interested in either MUTS or Sanctuary. Vines would be good, since it isn't possible to get decent sushi where we are - probably beacuse most of the Asian restaurants prepare food in the Thai style, and the Japanese food just doesn't compare to what you get in the USA.

Shalom, Andy.

Thanks to everyone who answered my question so far. This is our first Princess cruise, and so we aren't completely familiar with some of the nuances we read about here on CC.

Venus, you're on the trip right before mine (22 December)... I trust you'll whip everyone into shape for me :o:o

Shalom, Andy.

to keep the ship in order for you! As you are arriving I will be the hysterical woman clinging to the side of the ship saying, "Don't make me go!" :D

Have a fabulous cruise and maybe (with Pia's help) we will do a live thread to keep you updated.

Take care,

VB1

to keep the ship in order for you! As you are arriving I will be the hysterical woman clinging to the side of the ship saying, "Don't make me go!" :D

Have a fabulous cruise and maybe (with Pia's help) we will do a live thread to keep you updated.

Take care,

VB1

Oh Goodie..........I don't have to handle it all myself? :D

Archived