PV...Do we have time for Los Veranos AND Snorkeling on same day?

Craving A Cruise

We will be sailing on RCCL Mariner. We plan to do Los Veranos canopy tour in the morning, at about 11am, and are wondering if we will have time for a short snorkeling trip afterwards.

Has anyone tried to do both activities on the same day? If so, where is a convenient location to snorkel after our canopy tour? Is there a good place to stop along the way back to the ship in Puerto Vallarta?

Are we nuts to even consider this? :confused: Any advice, comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

We will be sailing on RCCL Mariner. We plan to do Los Veranos canopy tour in the morning, at about 11am, and are wondering if we will have time for a short snorkeling trip afterwards.

Has anyone tried to do both activities on the same day? If so, where is a convenient location to snorkel after our canopy tour? Is there a good place to stop along the way back to the ship in Puerto Vallarta?

Are we nuts to even consider this? :confused: Any advice, comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Tours leave the main office at 10:45 and 11:45. Travel time to/from the excursion site is between 45-60 minutes each way. Time on the lines is roughly 90 minutes. Allow 30 minutes after zipping to collect photos/videos, taste tequila, catch next shuttle. Typical time from start to finish at the Los Veranos tour office is 4 hours.

Assuming you are on the 10:45 tour, you will find yourself on the far south side of Vallarta at roughly 3 PM. Your ship is scheduled to sail at 7 PM.

There really isn't any worthwhile place to snorkel from the beach between the Los Veranos office and the port. You might consider going back to the ship after ziplining, get your gear (I assume you will have your own), walk down to the Krystal and work from their beach.

As an alterative, you might get off the Los Veranos shuttle at Mismaloya (roughly 2 PM), find a panga that will take you out to Los Arcos and then taxi back to the ship from there. I'm not sure what snorkeling support is available in the Mismaloya area but I have read that others have done it.

Good luck & Enjoy!

Tours leave the main office at 10:45 and 11:45. Travel time to/from the excursion site is between 45-60 minutes each way. Time on the lines is roughly 90 minutes. Allow 30 minutes after zipping to collect photos/videos, taste tequila, catch next shuttle. Typical time from start to finish at the Los Veranos tour office is 4 hours.

Assuming you are on the 10:45 tour, you will find yourself on the far south side of Vallarta at roughly 3 PM. Your ship is scheduled to sail at 7 PM.

There really isn't any worthwhile place to snorkel from the beach between the Los Veranos office and the port. You might consider going back to the ship after ziplining, get your gear (I assume you will have your own), walk down to the Krystal and work from their beach.

As an alterative, you might get off the Los Veranos shuttle at Mismaloya (roughly 2 PM), find a panga that will take you out to Los Arcos and then taxi back to the ship from there. I'm not sure what snorkeling support is available in the Mismaloya area but I have read that others have done it.

Good luck & Enjoy!

Thank you for the great detailed advice!! I checked puerto vallarta tours and they do have a snorkel trip leaving from "the beach at Hotel la jolla de Mismaloya" at 2:30p.m. (not exactly sure where that is,) but the tour is 4 hrs long so I am worried about getting back to the ship on time!! Don't think this will work....

They also do private snorkel tours from this location that last about 2 hrs. It costs more but then we would be able to cut the trip short in order to get back to the ship on time if needed. What do you think? Is this possible?

If we get off the shuttle in Mismaloya to snorkel, how far is that from the ship? How much time do we need to allow to get back safely? I'm guessing traffic will be congested, as every taxi in town will be heading back to the pier....... Which makes me wonder, how difficult will it be to find transportation from Mismaloya back to the pier? Are taxis readily available from there and what would be the approx. cost for 4 people?

Thanks again for all your help and advice!

p.s. There is also a tour available from "Los Muertos pier in PV romantic zone." Would that be a better choice? I think that is north of the ship, is that correct?

Mismaloya is south of Puerto Vallarta on the way to Los Veranos. The hotel Barcelo is right there and they always have taxis available. In fact, we have hundreds of taxis here in the area so no worries about finding one, they find you!

You could go back to the Los Veranos office and take a taxi a short ride away to Lindo Mar Resort. It should cost you about 30 Pesos- they have a resaurant there called La Playita and a great little beach for snorkeling. There is often someone there who rents equiptment but he is not always there, so if you have a snorkle and a mask, bring them. I never use flippers, so no need for them. You are free to use the beach and bathrooms as long as you purchase from the restaurant, drinks or food, etc. and they have a great happy hour, I think it is at 1:00 PM but either way, drinks are inexpensive.

If you decide to go to Mismaloya, there are often pangas available to rent for a snorkeling trip to Los Arcos which is very close by. I cannot recommend that as I have not ever done it but many have.

You may also want to google Boca Divers, I know they used to do private snorkeling tours from Boca de Tomatlan which is just south of Mismaloya. I am sure that they, Los Veranos could drop you off in Mismaloya or Boca de Tomatlan if you decide to go either place, just email them and ask once you decide.

Thank You! Your information is very helpful. :) I have a few more questions, if you don't mind....

Mismaloya is south of Puerto Vallarta on the way to Los Veranos. The hotel Barcelo is right there and they always have taxis available. In fact, we have hundreds of taxis here in the area so no worries about finding one, they find you! Is there anything to do near or at Barcelo? What would a taxi cost from this area (for 4) back to the ship? How long will it take?

You could go back to the Los Veranos office and take a taxi a short ride away to Lindo Mar Resort. It should cost you about 30 Pesos- they have a resaurant there called La Playita and a great little beach for snorkeling. There is often someone there who rents equiptment but he is not always there, so if you have a snorkle and a mask, bring them. I never use flippers, so no need for them. You are free to use the beach and bathrooms as long as you purchase from the restaurant, drinks or food, etc. and they have a great happy hour, I think it is at 1:00 PM but either way, drinks are inexpensive. Is there a pool available to use at Lindo Mar Resort or is it strictly a timeshare place? ....La Playita sounds good!!! Maybe we will just spend the day at "happy hour" and forget about the zipline! hahaha

If you decide to go to Mismaloya, there are often pangas available to rent for a snorkeling trip to Los Arcos which is very close by. I cannot recommend that as I have not ever done it but many have.

You may also want to google Boca Divers, I know they used to do private snorkeling tours from Boca de Tomatlan which is just south of Mismaloya. I am sure that they, Los Veranos could drop you off in Mismaloya or Boca de Tomatlan if you decide to go either place, just email them and ask once you decide.

Thanks again for all your help!

Archived