Isla Roatan - Mayan Princess -Snorkeling -Beach

jordanandcathy

Hi there.... we are going to Roatan for the first time in September. I have a couple questions.

I've read that the Tabayana beach by Mayan Princess is amazing.

How much does a taxi cost to that beach?

How much does a day to use the facilities at the Mayan Princess cost?

Do they have a locker where you can put your stuff?

Any other suggestions.???? We'd like to spend the whole day snorkeling. :)

Thanks for all y'alls help!

I'm not sure what cab fare from the dock to West Bay costs....however the cab fare from the airport, which is roughly in the same area to West Bay Beach is $25 one way. Remember to negotiate....all fares are negotiable.

It will cost $10 for a day pass at the Mayan Princess...this includes use of all facilities and lounge chairs. All of West Bay Beach is public so, if you can do without a lounge chair you can park anywhere along the beach for free. There are no lockers at Mayan Princess however, there is a security fellow, Louise, right on the beach. He is employed by the Mayan and his job is to ensure the security of the guests and also make sure everyone who is using the facilities has a pass. We usually talk to Louise directly if we are going to be out of sight of our "stuff" and he keeps an eye out for us and then we slip him a couple of bucks.

You can also go to Bananarama...I believe they also sell a day pass, and it might only be $5 and they used to have lockers. I'm not sure if they still do or not as they were located in a gift shop that is now closed. This is just a very short walk down from the Mayan on the same beach. They don't have a pool however.

The beach and Roatan is very safe. You will love it and want to return for a longer vacation.

Archived