Would Someone Keep My Kids?!?!?

DeRon

Whoa, what about the Expedia comercial (or was was it Travelocity?) where the parents are making reservations for 2 and you see their teenage son in the background imagining what HE will be doing at home!

That happened to us when our oldest (at the time she was 18 and home for her Spring break from college) didn't want to cruise with the rest of the family. We left her at home and were very sorry (she was REALLY sorry). I won't go into detail, but it was not pretty. I would not leave an 18 year old with his siblings. I like the idea of farming them out to friends (unless you want to send them to TN). We have done that and in return kept their children.

dmarch@islc.net - Fripp for 4 months while we were building in Spanish Point. You'd better be careful as I may just take you up on a long weekend at the beach. :D I thought by your post that you were going to put the boys to work at your farm. I know where Gay's is, but don't recall if we met them. We were only there a little over a year. :( .

I was looking at your signature, and could you compare these cruises for me:

RCCL Vision

Carnival Victory

Celebrity Millie

RCCL AOS

I have not been on these. What was your favorite? Is the food really sick on the RCCL Voyager class? Which cruise was your favorite? What's your address in Tennessee to send my boys? lol jk

Thanks!

Dave...I love your Avatar...have you ever been to Portland Headlight? I live not far from there.

Thanks! I haven't actually been to the light, that shot was taken as Galaxy was departing Portland this Sept. We only had 4 hours in Portland, so did one of the mansions. The avatar is a cropped version of this picture . I also have this one on my desktop at the moment -- it's a Photoshopped version of a frame from the same series, to reflect my own imaginings of the light in times past. Whole thing started when I wanted to remove the tourists' busses, then decided to remove that modern brick building...

Hey, maybe you can answer a question almost everyone who has seen the original pictures asks: Why don't they at least paint that brick building in front of the light to match the older structures at least to some degree? ;)

dave

RCCL Vision - Lovely ship, good size, great time as we spent 10 days on her. However, after cruising the larger ships, we will probably not go back to the Vision class.

Carnival Victory - Nice ship and cruise for the great fare we received the week before Christmas. Wild crowd and the kids had a wonderful time. We will probably not choose Carnival again unless there is another great deal at the right time.

Celebrity Millie - We loved the Millennium or we would not be cruising on her again. We thought this was the best for atmosphere, service, food and fun. A very good mix of ages and not too wild or sedate crowd.

RCCL AOS - Love the Voyager class ships and we found the food to be just fine...not great at times (but certainly tasty), but spectacular at others. The V class has it all and we never found ourselves at a loss for something to do.

Hope this helps! :)

Hey, maybe you can answer a question almost everyone who has seen the original pictures asks: Why don't they at least paint that brick building in front of the light to match the older structures at least to some degree? ;)

dave

So funny!

You have to understand that when I look at the headlight..it's from the land...so you are right...that 'brick building' which of course is just a little store with souveniers for tourists, does ruin a pefect photo.

From other angles at sea you can avoid the little store...so sorry you had the bad angle!! And...I guess painting brick is never a good idea..but you're right, they should have built the store to make it look part of the scenery. It does stand out like a sore thumb!!

Without the store, it is a gorgeous sight though. I take pictures of that lighthouse every time I'm there. Did you happen to see the very old one that isn't far from it...actually right behind it. It's old and painted rather dark...I'm not sure of the name of that one, I've forgotten...but that one is nice as well, though not as regal as the Headlight is.

4 hours in Portland is enough....It's just a very cute, small city, but it's just a city. The restaurants in the Old Port are among the best I've ever eaten at (and I lived many years in Philadelphia, so that is a huge compliment) but who eats out at restaurants while cruising?? There are many great things to see in the state, but you'd need quite a few more than 4 hours in order to see them. If you are just in Portland...with only 4 hours...unless you're one of those folks who has like to buy stuff at every port you stop at..it's not really worth getting off the ship.

I probably shouldn't say that...the revenue that comes from cruisers is astounding. It amazes me how much people buy....sadly when I cruise, it usually leaves me too broke for purchases. :D

Thanks Dave. We have a huge painting of that lighthouse in our bedroom and I've never had a clue to where it was located.

DeRon, I remember when my mom used to leave me home at that age. I have to agree with the other poster. I used to look forward to those trips also. I never really did anything out of line but just knowing I could was heaven. By the time I really thought of anything good, it was over. :D

DeRon, I remember when my mom used to leave me home at that age. I have to agree with the other poster. I used to look forward to those trips also. I never really did anything out of line but just knowing I could was heaven. By the time I really thought of anything good, it was over. :D

My wife says, No WAY to that one!" I have GREAT boys that are trustworthy. But she is more concerned about who will feed them, clean up after them, make sure they are doing the school stuff, etc.

We are going to tyr the other grandparents! ;)

DeRon, Your wife is a very wise person. Trust her judgement. Actually I'm sure they would be well fed because you would provide the food, and the cleanup would probably go well also but it's the other weird things that you probably don't even want to know about are the things to worry about. :D

Archived