D-Day Tours from LeHavre

fsdorado

My family will be stopping in France during our European cruise on the Golden. We are looking for a private tour that could pick us up from LeHavre and take us on a tour of the D-Day beaches at Normandy. We will have our 9 year old son with us who is a big WWII history nut. Does anybody have any recommendations? We're really interested in the history and background, not just someone to drive us around the various sites. Thanks!!

Frederick

When are you going to LeHavre?Normandy with Hand Maid? We will be on Constellation next April.

Wesley

We'll be there in July on Golden. We've heard good things about Hand Maid too. They are considerably more expensive than some of the other's I've found. Are they worth the extra money?? Thanks!!

Frederick

We used Colin McGarry and saw all the beaches, Bayeux and Honfleur. He was very knowledgable, willing to customize and did not chage extra for the stop in Honfleur depite the fact that we were already nearly 11 hours into the tour. Would use him again in a heartbeat. His web site is:

http://www.cpmac.com/~cmcgarry/normandy/normandy.php3

Jerry

We've heard good things about Hand Maid too. They are considerably more expensive than some of the other's I've found. Are they worth the extra money??

I don't know what kind of pricing you've found with others, but I will say that we definitely felt we got our money's worth out of John Flaherty from Hand Maid Tours a few months ago on our Royal Princess cruise. We will be using Hand Maid Tours again next August while on the Golden Princess.

I don't know what kind of pricing you've found with others, but I will say that we definitely felt we got our money's worth out of John Flaherty from Hand Maid Tours a few months ago on our Royal Princess cruise. We will be using Hand Maid Tours again next August while on the Golden Princess.

The D-Day tour is main reason we booked this cruise. We definitely don't want to skimp on this tour. One of the things that attacted us to Hand Maid Tours is the fact that they are Historian's first and tour guides second.

Another vote for John Flaherty at Handmaid. He is excellent and really knows the data. In addition he gave us a booklet that had detailed information on the sites we saw. After we got home he set us a CD with additional photos. Well worth the price we paid which was just about the same as the Princess excursion and we saw so much more.

Archived