'Swine flu cruise' quarantined

One way or the other, this sounds like a good reason to book a later departure than one would normally book when returning from a cruise. I can see this getting to be an issue if authorities slow down the debarkation process due to worries of H1N1 on cruise ships. It has me a little concerned about our noon departure from Barcelona at the end of our cruise in October and now has me wishing I'd have just gone ahead and booked an extra night post cruise as a precautionary measure. We've been stuck in Barcelona once already. I'd hate for it to happen a second time.

Swine flu "scare" is overblown.

It's a dang flu. Stay in bed, don't go out and infect others, and life will be normal.

There is MUCH MONEY to be made from the drug companies on this deal.

They will hype it for all it is worth........thank goodness Mexico is off the hook :rolleyes:

Welcome to Aruba

Helicopters buzzed overhead and Coast Guard boats flanked the ship as passengers waited to disembark into the cruise terminal. Nearly a dozen health officials shrouded in white clothes and wearing masks checked them for symptoms.

"You come back from a cruise, you're on vacation, and it feels like you're on a boat full of lepers," said Isabel Duque, 48, of Madrid.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hxSR6g-6UVBJSIAfuxHp2Zk9dcpwD98TPUMO1

jj.......

Archived