Dress on Costa--

dalibi

On a 7-night cruise you have two formal nights, which recommends wearing formal attire, such as tux, dark suite or after 5 outfit.

Even on formal nights there were several people without jacket or suite, so I think it is not enforced too much.

DJ:

I know how that was when we first went on... My wife cruised several times before but our kids (both 12 at the time) and I were very excited and did not want to miss anything ahead of time...

Hope you have a wonderful and relaxing cruise! I am sure you'll enjoy it!

DJ, one more thing:

If I have not said yet, if you are going to Grand Cayman, don't forget to book a tour to Stingray City (does not have to be the cruise line excursion, there will be plenty of private charters available). But the experience to feed, touch, hold them and snorkel with those cratures is a once in a lifetime experience!

All the snorkel equipment will be provided, but you can bring your own if you wish to do so. Your family will love it!

Make sure to bring a under water camera, those one time use cameras will be just fine!

• 3 weeks later...

We just came back from GC. We toured with SOTO'S. It was great, the stingray area is very shallow, our almost 3 year old enjoyed it. At one of the two snorkel spots our kids saw a nurse shark and took pictures of it with their cameras. Sotos also has a photographer accompany the tour, and you have the option of ordering a photo disk with shots of everyone in your group with the stingrays.

No you only need a jacket and tie on the formal nights and even then some passengers are not wearing them..just a jacket!

Are men really required to wear a suit coat? Every night? I have two boys and am planning on them wearing dress shirts and a suit coat and tie only on the formal nights. Thank you.

Hi,

I would just like to clarify something....it sounds as if it would be appropriate to wear shorts at breakfast and/or lunch, but pants are the appropriate attire for dinner (on the non-formal nights). Is this accurate?

Also, i think I read the answer to this question somewhere, but can not find it now, but does the ship provide a beach towel or is this something we should pack?

Thanks so much!

Nan

your cabin stewards brings the beach towels to your cabin. Shorts are OK during the day. Most men wore casual pants i.e dockers, polo during dinner. I wore casual dresses, pants one night. Formal nights there was everything from tux's to shirts and ties. --fancy ball dresses to cocktail dresses. One night is Ilatian--if you have red-white and green outfit? bring it.

As I said in another response--for toga night, I brought gold items from the Dollar Store. Ropes, ribbons beads, childs things to dress-'up' our togas.

Have a good time; we just got for the ship on the 9th; finally feeling rested again.

• 2 months later...

Archived