Illa Fantasia

P1TKL

We will be in Barcelona in August. I am interested in any information anyone has on Illa Fantasia...a large waterpark just outside Barcelona. There is free transport from certain places in Barcelona...can anyone help me out here ?

You may take the bus from Ronda Universitat 5, near Plaça de Catlunya, at 9 or 11 in the mornig to return at 4 or 6 in the afternoon.

You may also take the train line C1, in Plaça Catalunya station, to Premià de Mar station and there a shuttle bus to Illa Fantasía. You have plenty of trains.

You may take the bus from Ronda Universitat 5, near Plaça de Catlunya, at 9 or 11 in the mornig to return at 4 or 6 in the afternoon.

You may also take the train line C1, in Plaça Catalunya station, to Premià de Mar station and there a shuttle bus to Illa Fantasía. You have plenty of trains.

Thankyou...the problem with this is we do not dock until 10am so we may not be able to get the 11am bus. The train may be the best option.

How much approx would a taxi be from the docks to Illa Fantasia ? We could still use the bus for the return journey at 4pm or 6pm

• 3 weeks later...

After a lot of digging, I think the best option is to get a taxi from the dock to the Arc de Triomf or Placa Catalunya metro station where you can get a train to Premia De Mar http://www.renfe.es/cercanias/barcelona/mapa_zonas.html It's on Line 1 and they look to be every 10 minutes and take 30 minutes to get to Premia De Mar http://www.renfe.es/cercanias/barcelona/. Then it's a shuttle bus to the park. It looks like the travel is free if you buy your water park tickets at the train station, ask for a combined travel/ILLA FANTASIA ticket.

• 1 month later...

We've just got back and we did OK getting to Illa Fantasia.

First thing, when you get through the port terminal building you may see a very long line of taxis. Don't be tempted to go to the front of the line for one, there is a highly convoluted process whereby a port official will send for one for you, so look for the taxi sign outside. Get the Taxi to Arc de Triomphe Metro station, costs around 10 euros. At the ticket office, ask for your Illa Fantasia tickets, this will include your train fare. Go to the correct platform but be careful as it shares with a few other lines. The train you want will say Montaro on the front (we got the wrong one and things got a little frosty for a while :(). It's about 7 stops to Premia de Mar and you go right along the coast. When you arrive at the station, go to the bus stop by the main coast road and get the shuttle bus. When you arrive at the water park, you still need to queue for tickets to get into the park, just show your train tickets.

For some reason the lockers are nowhere near the changing rooms, but other than that, the park is great.

Do check on running times for the shuttle bus back to the station. It stops between 3pm and 4pm (which is probably when you'd be thinking of getting back to the ship). It ended up costing around 80 euros for 3 + infant as opposed to 160 euros that the cruise would have charged. In the event, there wasn't enough interest on the cruise and the trip was cancelled.

• 1 year later...

Hi has anyone been to Illa Fantasia waterpark in Barcelona recently?

We are thinkign of going there, 2 adults, 2 kids, and the P&O trip is £136, and means leaving at lunchtime. I'd quite like to go there ourselves, so we can stay a little later, and wonder if anyone has done this and can give tips?

The travel tips above sound a little stressful (tax, train then bus) more for the return trip, I wondered how much a taxi from the port to the park might be.

I think park tickets will cost us about £60, so if we can get there for less than £70 it beats the P&O excursion.

Thanks in advance:D

Archived