Hilton Barcelona diagonal mar

gmabcd

PS: wack001, I have a feeling these restaurants are not close to the hotel

Well - normally I assume that you do not return for lunch back to the hotel so both recommendations are for the city center of Barcelona.

Placa de Catalunya is the main square in Barcelona

La Boqueria is located at the La Rambla

Regards,

HeinBloed

N.B. Watching over to the mall from the hotel:

On the left side of the square there is one inexpensive buffet-restaurant with all you can eat.

Right side of the square there is a very nice tapas restaurant where you also get food before 20.00 hrs. The plates of the tapas were so large: ordering more than 2/3 per person was too much. We expect the plates much more smaller and were surprised that we got so much. 4-5 different plates will the right size for a light and inexpensive dinner.

Well - normally I assume that you do not return for lunch back to the hotel so both recommendations are for the city center of Barcelona.

Regards,

HeinBloed

On the left side of the square there is one inexpensive buffet-restaurant with all you can eat.

Right side of the square there is a very nice tapas restaurant where you also get food before 20.00 hrs. The plates of the tapas were so large: ordering more than 2/3 per person was too much. We expect the plates much more smaller and were surprised that we got so much. 4-5 different plates will the right size for a light and inexpensive dinner.

Thanks again, you are correct I will not return to the hotel once I leave in the morning.

My only concern was getting a little breakfast somewhere very close before we start the morning, just did not want to pay the hotel buffet price when I would rather enjoy your lovely city.

My only concern was getting a little breakfast somewhere very close before we start the morning, just did not want to pay the hotel buffet price when I would rather enjoy your lovely city.

Hi wack001,

Looks like we will be staying at the Hilton before you will so I will make sure to report back on this thread about places to grab a breakfast before heading out to the beautiful city. One thing we will try to do is see if we can get upgraded to the business rooms which I heard have fruit/rolls and other items from early morning to late night. That’s about all we need for early mornings as we plan to stop and eat at a lot of places throughout the day/night:D.

John

I must compliment you on your photographs that are fabulous.

I will be staying at the Hilton for 4 days pre cruise in early October, so you information has been enormously helpful.

Thank you for such detailed postings.

Regards,

HeinBloed

We will be staying at this hotel for three days prior to our cruise, after a week of traveling around Europe, and I am wondering if the hotel has any self serve laundry facilities? If not, is there anything located near the hotel? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived