Backpacking trip before cruise

SaylorGirl

My DH and I are planning a Princess cruise in Europe this summer. The dilemma is that we intend to backpack through Europe prior to the cruise. We had intended to ship a package to the port in Copenhagen so that we would have some "cruise" clothes. Princess will not allow this. Does anyone have any suggestions. We will utilize the laundry facilities on the ship and I could possibly squeeze in a space bag two dresses and a couple of dress shirts for my DH but that is about it.

If you were doing the same thing in the states, I would suggest "Mailboxes, Etc". They used to do that, anyway. Not sure if there's a European equivalent. Or, perhaps, there is an actual location in Copenhagen?

Thanks for your answers. I checked with UPS and to ship 30 pounds it will be $205.00. Since Princess won't accept the package at the port we then would have to get to the UPS or fed-ex facility to pick it up. They also will only hold it for five days after arrival so if it gets there too early they will return the package and then of course you pay again and if it gets there too late the ship may have already left.

Jane- we are not staying in Copenhagen in a hotel prior to sailing our plan is to arrive that morning on the train from Berlin. We are starting in London and will be taking trains through out Europe and will hopefully end up in Copenhagen on the right day!

Archived