parasailing in cabo, or maxaltan???

megsterl

anyone know about any good parasailing excursions in cabo san lucas, or mazaltan. Never been parasailing before, but i really want to. also how about jet skies, would like to do that as well. RCCl is not offering any of these excursion for my ship??? any help that someone could give would be wonderful. Thank in advance. Meg

I can only reply about Cabo since this cruise will be my first time to Matzatlan. You can rent jet skis and get set-up with the para-sailing boat right on the beach that you can see from your ship. They are usually set up somewhere in the area of The Office/Mango Deck, two fun beachfront restaurants. You will recognize The Office by all the chairs and tables set up in the sand. :)

We just did parasailing in Cabo. There's one boat right at the pier when you get off the tenders. It's $30 for the lucky person going up and they were charging passengers $10 but I was able to negotiate on that point to $5 for the ride-along. Have fun!

I went parasailing in Mazatlan - we were in front of the El Cid hotel and the guys were set up there on the beach. I think it was $30 - but I ended up going around twice because I missed the landing first time around!

I also saw people jet skiing, but not exactly sure where they got the jet skis. There are lots of hotels that line the beach, so I imagine that if you just go down there and walk the beach, you will find lots of things to do. We just stayed in front of the El Cid and had a wonderful day!

Laurie

After reading your post again - you said that RCCL is not offering any excursions with parasailing or jet skis. We are taking the Puerto Vallarta Beach Break excursion, and although kayaks and boogie boards are the only things included, the brochure says "This beach offers miles of soft sand, and a host of water sports are available at an extra charge." So I would guess that on this excursion you could rent some jet skis or go parasailing.

Laurie

• 5 weeks later...

I have parasailed in Cabo and would recommend this to anyone. I got to see all the different water colors and sites in Cabo. It is calming and exciting when they dip you in the water. I can't remember how much it cost, but it was worth it. Take a camera up with you and wear shorts!

Just an update since I am now back - the excursion we took was to the Paradise Village Resort in Puerto Vallarta - and it was awesome!! The resort is gorgeous, and the water was perfect. We were given boogie boards and kayaks, and there was parasailing and jet ski rentals available as well. We didn't parasail there, because we had done it the day before in Mazatlan. The resort had a beautiful pool also, but who wants to swim in a pool when you have the entire ocean?? :)

Laurie

• 4 weeks later...

We did the parasailing in Mazatlan the first week in February. It was the first time for me, a 40ish female. It was more amazing than I can even explain. We took a cab from the pier to the El Cid resort for $10.00. The employee's at the El Cid encourage all to come look and walk through the resort to the beach or even swim in their pool. We only walked through and this is where we found the groups parasailing. Our price was $22.00 to be lifted up from the beach and returned to the same spot. We only saw singles. Amazing !!

Barb

Archived