sHOWTIME ON THE BRILLIANCE IN THE MEDITEREANEANAnyone that has done the Mediterranean on the Brillia

Anyone that has done the Mediterranean on the Brilliance.

Did they have a lot of the shows for the late sitting before dinner while the main dining room people were eating or were they all after dinner?

Last year on the Celebrity Summit, we found that most of the shows for the late seating people were before dinner.

Also I am interested in knowing what time they actually started serving the late dinner. Even though RCCL says 8:30, I have heard thatthe dining room didn't open until 9:15.

My BIL is a dining room waiter on the BOS! I just talked to him like 2 hrs ago. Right now they are off the coast of Portugal and he said he is freezing to death..after just spending 5 months in the Caribbean I guess so! Anyway we talk to him almost every night so I can find out anything you want about dining on the ship, of course there are a lot here that have been on the ship so can tell you too.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;30;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Voyager of the Seas!

Voyager 10/04

Rhapsody 10/02 03/02 1/02 11/01

Elation 10/99

Grandeur 09/97

Nitra,

Does he have any reservations about cruising in the Med. I want to try it out but our friends and my wife are afraid because of all the termoil in the Middle east.

Serenade 10/30/03

Destiny 6/02

Monarch 5/99

Holiday 4/98

Tropical 6/95

Asure Seas 3/93

Asure Seas 5/91

Holiday 3/88

Ms Southward 5/85

No but he is from Turkey. I went to Turkey last October. Really you are not near any of what is going on in the Middle East. Greece and Italy have always had problems but it has never stopped tourists. My husband and I are talking about trying to get to Turkey this summer while is brother is between contracts. I would go tomorrow if I could and just to let you know.. remember the bank in Istanbul that was bombed not long ago?? That bank was a few blocks from the hotel we always stay in and we could see it from the hotel. I recognized it right away when I saw it on the news. I refuse to allow my world to be terrorized or stop living because some folks just cant seem to stop trying to kill everyone, if I do that then I might as well stop going to Walmart or anywhere else.

If you want to go to the Med, then go! Enjoy yourselves fully and dont worry about what is going on in the world. Life has to go on.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;30;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Voyager of the Seas!

Voyager 10/04

Rhapsody 10/02 03/02 1/02 11/01

Elation 10/99

Grandeur 09/97

Fireguy091:

Take the Western Med cruise. You stay in Spain, France, and western Italy. It's the Eastern Med and the Grecian Isles cruises that go a little close for some people's comfort.

It's a WONDERFUL cruise!

Peggy - RCI since 1973

Suprised that it is so cold in Portugal. I imagine it will warm up soon. We are going on the Brilliance on July 1.

When you speak to RCCl they say late dinner is at 8:30, but others have said that in the Meditereanean it was 9:15.

I wonder if early seating is later here too. Maybe because of the long extensive excursions.

We went late seating for that reason, but it sounds like it is really getting too late.

Any info you can get will be appreciated.

Maybe they will do the shows before dinner, becauseit gets too late otherwise.

I think late seating is later because it's the European custom to eat dinner at this time. 9:00 is pretty common, from what I've experienced and heard.

Early seating does have to be pushed back to accommodate the tours arriving later. Most of the touring is 45 - 90 minute drive from the port.

The evening entertainment is scheduled around these later dining hours, and late seating goes before dinner most nights.

We loved late seating on our Med cruise. A very relaxing evening after walking all day. We liked the opportunity to be outside for a while during early seating when the ship sails, and then go for a later dinner.

Peggy - RCI since 1973

We were on the Brilliance Med cruise in June of 2003. We had late seating. We had been told 8:30 but once on the ship it was actually at 9:15. Very late for dinner if you've been out all day on excursions. We absolutely loved the cruise. Our only complaint was the food. It seemed that the Europeans loved the food and the Americans didn't. My family isn't extremely daring when it comes to "fancy" food. Maybe that was part of the problem. We've loved the food on Carnival and Princess. The service was good however on the Brilliance. The ship is huge and beautiful. The ports were absolutely breathtaking!!!! We were also concerned about the middle east situation prior to our departure. We were travelling with 2 of our children. We went back and forth about it and decided that if it were that dangerous the cruise line would not be going there. We had no problems whatsoever at any of the ports. The whole trip went very smoothly and we are so glad that we went. You will love it!!!!

As I said above, I don't agree that it's not a good seating on this cruise. I think it's the best seating. I've heard a few folks say they don't like having a full tummy that late in the evening, but a walk around the ship or some dancing will help.

JOHO

Peggy - RCI since 1973

Archived