Free shuttle service to restaurants in Anchorage?

FabFam

Hi all, we're staying at the Microtel which apparently at least a mile to any dining establishments. (no wonder we got a good price!) I see on previous posts that the Sourdough Mining Co. offers a free service--not sure if we're up for that but, are there any other restaurants you all know of that offer free shuttle service?

Thanks!

Hi all, we're staying at the Microtel which apparently at least a mile to any dining establishments. (no wonder we got a good price!) I see on previous posts that the Sourdough Mining Co. offers a free service--not sure if we're up for that but, are there any other restaurants you all know of that offer free shuttle service?

Thanks!

No that's the only one in town.

Susan in Anchorage :)

Thanks Susan and Chilkoot!! We'll likely take the free Microtel shuttle to a diner or restaurant nearby; I don't think we want to go for a big rich dinner since we'll be boarding the ship the next day and likely over indulging on food/drink after that!!

Thanks Susan and Chilkoot!! We'll likely take the free Microtel shuttle to a diner or restaurant nearby; I don't think we want to go for a big rich dinner since we'll be boarding the ship the next day and likely over indulging on food/drink after that!!

If it's a nice night two of the places close Fancy Moose (lounge at the Millenium) or Piper's at the Coast International that you could just go and have some appetizers and beverages and enjoy the activity at Lake Hood.

Susan in Anchorage :)

Susan, your suggestions sound RIGHT ON! Thank you thank you...

we're leaving for your beautiful state this coming Tuesday--really appreciate all the help all the CC'ers have given me.

Ok Penny will do (report on Microtel.) You know, several years ago, my family had a family reunion in an area outside of Tulsa, more rural, less "city" since one of my Aunt and Uncle's lives there. Claremore, OK. We stayed at the Microtel there (I think it was the Claremore Microtel) and we were pleasantly surprised. Nice comfortable beds, good sized rooms and decent breakfast. No complaints from anyone about the motel. I'm hoping to have a similar experience with the Anchorage site next week!

Take care,

Archived