Fort Lauderdale Hotel Question? Help?

We are looking for the one night stand, no really, the one night stop over we will be traveling from the northeast and want to pad the vacation with a travel day in case of snow storm, since they are so rare here. Do you have any recommendations for my wife, me and our four years old? We are looking for just the simple cab to the hotel, some swimming, dinner, sleep and early cab to the ship. If anyone had a couple suggestions of close, easy, friendly and mid range places we could stay that would be great. We are headed out on Jewel. Thanks for all your help.

We have never done the stop over before we usually don’t have the Saturday or up till now our daughter with us.

checkout betterbidding.com and biddingfortravel.com. They help you bid on Priceline hotels. We got a Hyatt Pier 66 4* for $95.00 one night pre-cruise (web rate of $325.00 per night). 3* weren't being had when I was bidding, but they are usually the Marriott Marina and Embassy Suites when bidding downtown zone and run about $70.00 or so per night. Priceline is a good way for a nice, but cheap hotel for the night.

go the Hotels - Pre/Post cruise boards on this site for more info. Good luck.

We have stayed at the Sheraton by the airport a few times. It's a very nice property and they have a shuttle from airport and they may even take you to the port, you would have to ask. I consistantly get the room for $50 on Priceline.

We stayed at the Embassy Suites. Also had a free shuttle from the

airport to the hotel and then from the hotel to the pier. You get a

free cocktail party in the evening and a free fully cooked made to

order breakfast. There'e an Outback Steakhouse right across the

street and a grocery store. We like to collect Hilton points and they

let you "double dip" with American Airlines. I think the room was around

$130 a night but we were traveling with our mother-in-law so she was

able to sleep in the pull out sofa and we were able to close the door and

have our privacy. When you include what we drank and the cost of

breakfast I think we got a good deal.

Cat Girl

Dear wife and I have always stay at the Hyatt Pier 66, 5 to 10 minutes to the cruise ships, actually if you walk down to the pier where all the yachts park you can see the cruise ships or from your room if you are up high. Great pool and the water taxi is about a three minute walk from the hotel. We booked on priceline last year for $75.00 per night.

msts

I second the advice that you check out those web sites and try your hand at bidding on priceline. Our group got the Marriott Marina for $75 for the night before our Jewel cruise. It is close to the airport and not far from the port (in fact, the Princess ships dock across the street from the hotel - RCCL is further down the port). Our group is staying with kids as well.

When is your cruise?

Definitely use bidding for travel.

If you can get the Marriott Marina, we like it best because the water taxi stops outside. It is a great experience to ride it and look at the beatiful homes along the Intercoastal. Also, it takes you to Los Olas for shopping and dining.

BP

We stayed at the Embassy Suites. Also had a free shuttle from the

airport to the hotel and then from the hotel to the pier. You get a

free cocktail party in the evening and a free fully cooked made to

order breakfast. There'e an Outback Steakhouse right across the

street and a grocery store. We like to collect Hilton points and they

let you "double dip" with American Airlines. I think the room was around

$130 a night but we were traveling with our mother-in-law so she was

able to sleep in the pull out sofa and we were able to close the door and

have our privacy. When you include what we drank and the cost of

breakfast I think we got a good deal.

Cat Girl

I second Cat Girl's vote for the Embassy Suites - very nice and of course all rooms are Suites. Free happy hour a plus w/ snacks and drinks! Wonderful breakfast also free - Gotta love free! We only paid $53 for the night though :D

I just booked the Ramada Airport/Cruise port.....Newly renovated and free shuttle from Airport and to the cruise port. They were so helpful when I booked...They took my Airline info and arrival times and made note for the shuttle driver.

On the Website it shows 2 pools and a Tiki bar and included a HOT buffet breakfast for 2 in the morning for FREE!! Got a rate of $93. I was happy with that.

I also saw two good reports on Trip advisor from people that stayed in November before their cruise.

We too are flying in a day early in case of snow in St.Louis. I was going to use Price line,but decided I wanted a hotel with free shuttle service. One less thing to worry about!!

Good luck,

Michelle

Archived