Check It Out..Grandeur In Baltimore

For those of you who may be cruising her this summer out of Baltimore, here she is tied up at the port this afternoon..

Ahh, this was the day she moved from Norfolk (after returning from Bermuda yesterday) to Baltimore, for today's cruise to Canada/NE.

Anybody know what time she left Norfolk, or arrived in Baltimore?

Theron

Ahh, this was the day she moved from Norfolk (after returning from Bermuda yesterday) to Baltimore, for today's cruise to Canada/NE.

Anybody know what time she left Norfolk, or arrived in Baltimore?

Theron

Not sure. I drove past the port at around 7:30a and she was there. This pic was taken at around 3p

Not sure. I drove past the port at around 7:30a and she was there. This pic was taken at around 3p

I suspect it was fairly close to a "normal" departure and arrival for both ports.

Although they normally don't enter the bay until around 11 or 12 the last night of the cruises that are returning to Baltimore.

Theron

My DH (US Navy Captain) has sailed in and out of Norfolk and up and down the east coast figures they left Norfolk by midnight. That would have given the crew some free time in Norfolk.

It's my 55th b-day cruise. We are on the Freedom this July 5th for my retirement cruise. (taking our DGS to the western Caribbean). We took the Grandeur out of Norfolk last August and loved it. We live about 4 hours from Norfolk and it couldn't have been easier (and beautiful, what a nice terminal!!) but we are only 1+1/2 hours from Baltimore so I am really looking forward to going there to cruise. Woohoo no flying for that one, I hate to fly. Wish RCL still went out of Philly!!

I'm with knewcrewzr - off to Bermuda for 7 nights on Oct 3. I love Grandeur and have 2 trips booked for this year. Will be sad to see her leave Baltimore next year but looking forward to sailing on Enchantment.

Thanks for the pic of the Grandeur! I am sailing on her with 3 other friends in August! Can't wait!

I was in Baltimore last weekend and drove by the port just for fun.....no ship there but it was still fun to see!

Thanks for the pic of the Grandeur! I am sailing on her with 3 other friends in August! Can't wait!

I was in Baltimore last weekend and drove by the port just for fun.....no ship there but it was still fun to see!

NP! I work in the city so its fun to drive past the port evey day and see what ship may be there. RCCL, Carnival, Celebrity, and Norwegian sail from Baltimore now.

My wife and both of our sons are scheduled on Grandeur 7/16 2009 for the 9 day Carrib trip. We live in Annapolis and keep out fishing boat at Podickory Point Marina, near the Bay Bridge. Decided to go our last friday evening and shot some pictures of Grandeur leaving on her first cruise out of Baltimore this year. Said hello to Captain Rob on channel 13 while we paralleled the ship to the Bay Bridge.

Hope you enjoy some of the pictures....

PS..Ignore the file name date (June 2007) Typo when I stored the file

1376395741_June2007218.jpg.69b8f4207db480ac6944c868b438002f.jpg

1141253156_June2007214.jpg.01056eef71c1f5f415125169900c7bd9.jpg

328855049_June2007209.jpg.359658c6b330ce31937f56ef871b3e44.jpg

Celebrity's first sailing for the year is on November 9th. For now though they do have 3 ships, NCL, Carnival and RCI. We also drove past the terminal and the parking lots are full of cars. Guess lots of folks have discovered that it is so much easier when you don't have to fly to cruise. I really like going out of Baltimore. Looking forward to the Enchantment of the Seas coming in next year.

We tracked her coming in from Norfolk. She was at the Bay Bridge by midnight. Then sometime early in the morning she proceeded to dock. I wonder do they make all the ships wait if they come in late at night? I suppose they have to?? Since (I am guessing here) there is no one available to do the lines. Anyone have any idea?

We like to drive out to Sandy Point or Ft Smallwood and watch as the ships leave. Of course that makes me wish I was on the ship instead of just watching as she sails by.

Annieeee

Archived