Gifts & Gear Question

I ordered item #526 which is described in the Culinary Collection as 'Mumm Cordon Rouge and Strawberries'.

When I received the confirmation it stated that it was Domain Chandon Brut. I queried this with RCI and they insist this is what I ordered, but it's not.

If I wanted Domain Chandon and some strawberries I would have ordered them seperately as the price for Domain Chandon is £34.40 and a plate of strawberries is £10.10 which makes a total of £44.50.

Item #526 Mumm Cordon Rouge & Strawberries costs £48.20. If they have substituted Domain Chandon for the Mumm Cordon Rouge, then I'm being duped.

Has this happened to anyone else? I don't seem to be able to make RCI understand even sending them a copy of the details from the RCI UK website.

I need to clarify that my order was made from the RCI UK web site. On the RCI US website item #526 is Domain Chandon & Strawberries so I think my question should be directed to UK cruisers, apologies to any of my friends from the US.

Try calling or emailing Crown & Anchor Society in the UK - they should be able to help.

When there was a problem with gifts and gear a few months ago they sorted it and asked people to email the details to paxadmin.uk@rccl.com so try that.

Many thanks for your suggestions, I'll try these.

• 3 weeks later...

Just as an update, I finally got a response that the Mumm Cordon Rouge as listed on the RCI UK site is no longer available and has 'been replaced by the most like for like package, which is the package including the Domaine Chandon'.

We apologise about any inconvenience with the matter and should you wish to cancel or amend this please contact our amentity department on 01932 834325.

I called on the 8th to arrange a substitute which I was advised was done. I received a confirmation and guess what? Yes it still specified the Domaine! I called again today and was told the substitution didn't work.

In order to remedy this, the whole order (including another item) had to be cancelled, a request for a refund sent to the RCI Accounts Department for processing (7 - 10 days before I receive it) and a new order created with immediate payment required.

I know I could have waited for the refund and then re-ordered, but am now down nearly double the amount until the refund is received.

Not a good way to provide a service, the staff are really good, the systems are rubbish.

Archived