Vision of the Seas vs. Celebrity in Europe

I am looking at traveling to Europe next year for the Western med. Can anyone tell me what the difference between the Vision of Seas and Celebrity 'M" class or Century class ships.

Service

Food

Cabins

Thank you

I am looking at traveling to Europe next year for the Western med. Can anyone tell me what the difference between the Vision of Seas and Celebrity 'M" class or Century class ships.

Service

Food

Cabins

Thank you

I've been on the Vision twice and sailed on the Millie in Europe once.

The Millie is larger: 78.5 tons versus 91 tons.

The Vision is a beautiful ship with lots and lots of glass (hence her name). I mean floor to ceiling windows.

The Millie is a very classy ship: elegant and beautiful. More classic in her interior look and feel.

If I had to choose which I would prefer to sail the Med on it would be the Millie. That ship sort of "fits" Europe.

Don't get me wrong, I would sail on the Vision in a heartbeat, too, but if the price, itinerary, cabin locations were equal, then I would choose the Millie.

However, the Millie is a little more dressy and formal at night. The buffet is better laid out, too.

I've been on the Vision twice and sailed on the Millie in Europe once.

The Millie is larger: 78.5 tons versus 91 tons.

The Vision is a beautiful ship with lots and lots of glass (hence her name). I mean floor to ceiling windows.

The Millie is a very classy ship: elegant and beautiful. More classic in her interior look and feel.

If I had to choose which I would prefer to sail the Med on it would be the Millie. That ship sort of "fits" Europe.

Don't get me wrong, I would sail on the Vision in a heartbeat, too, but if the price, itinerary, cabin locations were equal, then I would choose the Millie.

However, the Millie is a little more dressy and formal at night. The buffet is better laid out, too.

I Found a cruise on The Vision I like Itineary but am very nervous after being on RCCl to Bermuda. The service was lacking, the food was terrible. Unfortunately Celebrity pricing is way over the ege for next year....so far. I started out liking an Amazra cruise but that is COMPLETELY different from Rccl. I do feel that Celebrity would be better in the med. A bit more refined. How was the food on the Vision how was service in the dining room for dinner?

I Found a cruise on The Vision I like Itineary but am very nervous after being on RCCl to Bermuda. The service was lacking, the food was terrible. Unfortunately Celebrity pricing is way over the ege for next year....so far. I started out liking an Amazra cruise but that is COMPLETELY different from Rccl. I do feel that Celebrity would be better in the med. A bit more refined. How was the food on the Vision how was service in the dining room for dinner?

I think the Vision food was fine; about the same as most RCCL ships. I think you were probably on the Monarch to Bermuda? It doesn't have the best rep in the fleet. I think you will be happy with the Vision.

We were also on the Splendour in the Med, and she is a sister ship of the Vision. Pretty much a twin. We loved that cruise!!! I really don't think you will be disappointed in the Vision.

Yes, Celebrity is more expensive, SOMETIMES. We were just on the Connie in March 2009 and had a great price. What I did was book another cruise with RCCL, and then when I found this Connie cruise I had them cancel and transfer the money over to the Celebrity cruise. Same company.

So, why not book the Vision, get the cabin you want, and then watch the prices on both Celebrity and your booked cruise? You can cancel and transfer the money around up until final payment. You may be lucky and the Celebrity prices may come down. Otherwise, you have a great cruise booked anyway!:D

Archived