spa packages

gemcrusier

Okay I have never been anywhere near the spas on any of my cruises but after reading some posts It sounds like they have whirlpools and special shower areas and termo pools stuff like that how much does this usually cost and what do the ships really have there I'll be on the Sun in over christmas and New Years

I don't know about the Sun, but I was on the Pearl and got the spa pass in 2007, and plan to get it again on our September cruise on the Pearl again. It is currently $99.00 for the week on the Pearl. My sister and I would start out in the individual jetted tubs, even tho the jets were not working at the time, we would just soak for a short time and enjoy the quiet and music in the spa. Then we would go into the steam room, and the sauna (we were never brave enough to go into the cold plunge pool!) before going into the co-ed area and into the thelosotherapy pool; which was my favorite. There are three specialty areas in this pool, an area where you can stand and hang onto bars where the jets are from below. There is a hook-shaped "jet" that you can stand under while it shoots water onto your back/neck area, and then there is the area at the end of the pool with rods shaped to lounge on, and the jets bubble up from underneath. The co-ed area also has a standard 8-person hot tub, as well as showers with a variety of scenarios, like rain forest, etc. Then we would don the robes they provided and lay on the thermal tile loungers for a while before ending our time in the spa by laying on one of the two-person chaises at the floor-to-ceiling windows at the front of the spa, and talk as we enjoyed the vista laid out in front of us. We were there when we entered Glacier bay, and if we did not have husbands back in our cabins to share the experience with, probably would have stayed there for all of Glacier Bay

I have since found the spa channel on sirrius radio, and can imagine myself back in the spa on the Pearl when listening to it, and in tense moments at work have been overheard saying, "Ah, Norwegian, take me away!"

Our husbands joked that they were "spa widowers", and we hope to convince them to join us with spa passes on the next cruise, because you will surely find us there again!

So if the above appeals to you, I would check into what the spa on the Sun has to offer and indulge!

I'm afraid that you're request for spa info on the Sun will be lost. Not all of the ships have the same amenities available in their spas.

Maybe if you start a new thread and reference the Sun in the title, you'll get information specific to that ship.......

Personally, we love the spas on the Dawn and Pearl and the first thing we do every cruise is head to the spa and get weekly passes for each of us. On our recent 7-day Pearl, I think the cost was $99 per person for the week and worth every penny:).

True, watchdiva.

If you cannot get information prior to cruising, gemcruiser, just go to the spa for a tour to see for yourself what all is offered, and make your decision then. That is what you would have to do to get the spa pass anyway, as they do not pre sell them.

True' date=' watchdiva.

If you cannot get information prior to cruising, gemcruiser, just go to the spa for a tour to see for yourself what all is offered, and make your decision then. That is what you would have to do to get the spa pass anyway, as they do not pre sell them.[/quote']

Hope you don't mind me correcting you,:o but they DO pre-sell spa passes if your in a suite and you can make appointments. You just have to notify the concierge ahead of time and you will have a sticker on your key card when you arrive.

Your advice on a tour is really a great idea as then you can purchase and make appointments for anything right away. Not all the ships are the same or even have the theosotherapy pool ( my favorite).

Archived