Voyager and dry dock

Voyager of the Seas just came out of drydock last month! There was one person onboard on the cruise right after her drydock, ans said it was a nightmare, and that construction was still going on!

Hey TT, I see you post all of the time..............Do you have a Name?

Are you allowed to tell us?

I know and have cruised with Chris and his family..........Just wondering!

Mike

Hey TT, I see you post all of the time..............Do you have a Name?

Are you allowed to tell us?

I know and have cruised with Chris and his family..........Just wondering!

Mike

I remember I had my name on my signature at one time... I must have erased it at one time, & forgotten about it! :eek: Dylan Here! (Can't give away my last name :eek:)

I remember I had my name on my signature at one time... I must have erased it at one time, & forgotten about it! :eek: Dylan Here! (Can't give away my last name :eek:)

Dylan, nice to finally have a name to you signiture. No last names needed. I do not put mine out either.

Hang in there about cruising. If not this year maybe next for a cruise. Always keep looking and maybe you will score with such a cheap deal that your Mom can take you, you never know!

Mike

Voyager of the Seas just came out of drydock last month! There was one person onboard on the cruise right after her drydock, ans said it was a nightmare, and that construction was still going on!

This is true but others have posted the work has been completed and the ship is in good shape. I hope that is true b/c we are on Voyager in two weeks:D

I just got off the ship a few hours ago and it was excellant. No construction anywhere. And the Captain of the Oasis of the Seas was onboard and I talked to him about a few of the new features!

This is true but others have posted the work has been completed and the ship is in good shape. I hope that is true b/c we are on Voyager in two weeks:D

i am due to go on vos in 6 weeks and wouldwelcome comments after your trip. would also welcome info on cost of drinks ie a gin and tonic . have a great holiday

I just got off the ship a few hours ago and it was excellant. No construction anywhere. And the Captain of the Oasis of the Seas was onboard and I talked to him about a few of the new features!

Were the rooms in good condition? For example carpeting, bedding were things worn on the ship? Just curious because I am going on this ship next month?? I was on this ship years ago when it first came out to the caribbean and loved it then. I would think that it would be a bit worn by now.

Were the rooms in good condition? For example carpeting, bedding were things worn on the ship? Just curious because I am going on this ship next month?? I was on this ship years ago when it first came out to the caribbean and loved it then. I would think that it would be a bit worn by now.

I was on the the VOS just prior to dry dock. The ship was in very good condition, the only thing that I noticed was the carpet in the hallways. The carpet in certain sections stained. Posters after the dry dock complained that they were still laying carpeting on the first cruise after dry dock. So this there is new carpeting.

Other than that I found everything else to be in good condition, and this was before going into dry dock.

I hope to do another TA on the Voyager in November. It is a nice ship.

Stan

Off the Voyager a week ago but have no experience before dry dock.

I would say

New carpets throughout. Complete new pooldeck and golf course been re matted.

Same old televisions in the room (sea pass account did not work on the television) and a bit of wear in the cabins.

But a great time was had.

There was a very small, albiet vocal, minority that thought it was a nightmare. The rest of us had a grand time, despite the fact that they were doing some work, mostly on the pool decks.

i am due to go on vos in 6 weeks and wouldwelcome comments after your trip. would also welcome info on cost of drinks ie a gin and tonic . have a great holiday

I was on Rhapsody in Alaska in May and spent a bit of time in the Schooner Bar.;) Gray Goose martinis were about $10, Miller Light $4, and non-call mixed drinks averaged $6. I expect the pricing on Voyager will be the same. If you like wine I'm told the wine package is a good deal.

I'll let you know how great the cruise was when I get back:D

Happy Cruising!

Everything seemed new. The linnen was brand new in my room.

• 3 months later...
I see that being in the RFS suite, we get DVD rentals.

But are the TVs in the room hooked up to a DVD player?

I see that they are still the big clunky CRT TVs.

Thanks, Robert

No, your just supposed to read the dvd box.:D

• 1 month later...

Voyager was last DryDocked in May of 2009. ;)

Here is the newest schedule for anyone reading this thread. ;)

Hi, I will bring up the schedule for anyone else interested in other ships.

Please remember: This is the latest DryDock schedule we have.

As with every schedule things do change. ;)

Update 0n DryDocks from CC Albert Ross,

Thank you Albert Ross,

September 2, 2009

Monarch of the Seas 2 - 11 MAY 2011

Majesty of the Seas 1 - 9 FEB 2010

Rhapsody of the Seas FEB 2012

Grandeur of the Seas APR 2012

Legend of the Seas 18-28 JAN 2010

Enchantment of the Seas 19 APR - 1 MAY 2010

Vision of the Seas 20- 30 NOV 2010

Splendor of the Seas 4-14 APR 2010

Jewel of the Seas SEP 2011

Serenade of the Seas FEB 2013

Radiance of the Seas MAR 2013

Brilliance of the Seas APR 2013

Navigator of the Seas JAN 2013

Adventure of the Seas APR 2013

Explorer of the Seas JAN 3- 14 2010

Mariner of the Seas SEP 2011

Voyager of the Seas JAN 2014

Freedom of the Seas 18 - 25 APR 2010

Liberty of the Seas 23 - 30 JAN 2011

Independence of the Seas MAR 2012[/i]

If anyone comes back from a cruise and has any new information that they hear from the Captains, Officers, reliable Crew members on the ships, please post me here and let me know.

Thank you.

Alexis

Archived