berth or anchor? pre cruise blues

I have been checking the ports of call for the Fire and Ice cruise on Spirit.

No information on Reykjavik but I notice she anchors at Flam. Boo! Hiss!, last year Celebration docked at Flam but this year Costa Allegra? is in port the same day and of course they get first choice being willing to pay the docking fee. Plus the place will be crowded :mad:

Next day is Bergen and there a four cruise ships in port, last year Celebration docked right in the centre of town but we were the only ship there. No information on where we will dock but whats the odds on us ending up way out at the commercial port - grrr!

To cap it all it looks as if there is going to be a nice depression over Iceland.

ps I always get depressed just before a cruise and wish I had decided to stay at home. I feel better once the suitcase is loaded into the taxi.

Hi there

When we booked the Fire and Ice, way back last Christmas, all port were berth apart from Faroe Islands, I have in the last 2 weeks noticed all at anchor, apart from Reykjavik and Bergen.

Yep a bit of a downer as it will make things harder as we a party of three, two Disabled which one is parcialy sighted, so getting on and off the tender is going to be fun (Man those Liferings)..LOL

But not going to let these little problem spoil our cruise, apart from the wife who I think is packing the kitchen sink...lol

Hi there

When we booked the Fire and Ice, way back last Christmas, all port were berth apart from Faroe Islands, I have in the last 2 weeks noticed all at anchor, apart from Reykjavik and Bergen.

Yep a bit of a downer as it will make things harder as we a party of three, two Disabled which one is parcialy sighted, so getting on and off the tender is going to be fun (Man those Liferings)..LOL

But not going to let these little problem spoil our cruise, apart from the wife who I think is packing the kitchen sink...lol

Tell her it won't fit in the suitcase. :D And if it does she'll have to leave her shoes behind :eek::).

Just to try and reassure you on the tender. I know it's a different line but there was a couple from here on The RCI cruise with us. (Not in our party, but there were so few Brits aboard that we tended to click together.) And she had one of the Battery Scooter things and the lads had no problem tendering her ashore in Corfu in the lifeboat , went like a dream she said.

Berwyn

Archived