kings wharf bermuda ?

i was wondering how far off the boat is the beach area... are there multiple ways to get to the beach (ie ferry, taxi, bus, etc)..and if so which do you suggest

(i am traveling with my 1yr old son so whatever seems to be the easiest way is appreciated!)

there is a small beach area walkable from the ship, but if you want the BEAUTIFUL Horseshoe beach then hop on bus #7 from the wharf area and it is about a 20 minute ride but well worth it. Bring an umbrella type stroller because it is a decent walk around the driveway of where the ship is docked to where the buses are and then when you get off the bus it is a walk down a long hill.

Actually there is a tram that takes you from the ship to the dockyard for free...or you can walk...when you get to the end of the walk there is the booth for the ferry to Hamilton, the scooters and the buses...if you go to my webshots link below there is an album from Bermuda you are welcome to go thru (not the best pics)...over at the dockyard there is a mall and museum and the beach is behind that...at the beach there is a bar...and the swim with the dolphins are right there also...

at night when the ship is there they usually have a party/festival in the dockyard which was nice...entertainment and food and crafts...

Enjoy! it is a beautiful island

When you get off the ship, there is a window where you can buy passes/tokens. You can buy a 1 or multi-day pass, or just some trip tokens (pass prices link http://www.bermuda.com/transportation/buses/) If you only want to pay for the trip each way, you need exact change or tokens. Your child should be free. The bus stop is a short walk from where you dock.

Horseshoe Bay is a beautiful beach, with lots of shallow little coves. The trip is more like 1/2 hour and the bus can be crowded on the return but it is safe and convenient. I have heard Tobacco Bay beach is popular with those with younger children, and is near St. George http://www.bermuda-online.org/seetown.htm (we took the ferry there, included if you buy a transportation pass)

Lots of information can be found on the Bermuda boards:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=196

We went to tobacco bay but to get their from the ferry in St. Georges, it is a long hike up a steep hill and down the other side, but worth it even with a bad knee, (have been in physical therapy) since returning in May. It has a very small beach area but a shelter cove area for swiming and snorkel with small children. We went to St. Georges instead of Hamilton on Memorial day. Went Tuesday to Hamilton, next trip will take bus to beaches instead of shopping.

Tip, when queing for ferry's, there is no signage, but the left side the ferry's goes to St Georges, and the right side is for Hamilton, a tip since the lines can get very long and you don't want to be standing in the wrong line.

Archived