Looking for Tips on spending the day at Atlantis

LizzieTrowbridge

We have arranged to spend the day at Atlantis in July and are all set with reservations through Comfort Suites.

Now I am looking for advice on how to spend our day. Any tips on where to go first, best spot for relaxing on a lounge chair, attractions that get crowded at certain times of day, best spot to eat lunch outside, most convenient lockers? I will be there with two teenagers. Any tips from folks who have spent the day at Atlantis would be most welcome!

Lastly, our ship leaves Nassau at 5pm, so if we want to be back on the ship by 4 pm, what time will we need to leave Atlantis? Is water taxi or land taxi quicker? Thanks!

Hi, I have been to Paradise Island every year for the past 4 years. I have visited by cruise ship and have spent 5 days at a time. When you get to CS check in then check out . This will save time later. If you need a shower there is a transit room by the royal towers. Just show your hotel receipt. The pools do not open until 10:00. Show your receipt at the dig acquirim and walk through and view the fish. Try to get beach chairs by 9:00 ,so you can pick the best spots. I like to have chairs behind the kiddy pool,next to the lazy river.

You can see the kids float by and if you walk across the kiddy pool with the fountains there is a bathroom. Lockers are also here and a bar. I have never rented a locker. I put my credit card and money in a water proof necklace (Wall-Mart). No one has ever bothered our beach bags or my camera. You could take a water proof camera.If you like the beach, the best place is at the Reef. This is also close to the nicest pool and the lazy river. I spend all my time on the lazy river. Take water shirts in case you get burned.

I always catch a taxi back to the ship. It is 4.00 per person and 1.00 for the bridge tax. The ferry is not dependable but if you can catch it it is next to the boat dock.

Bring some snacks. You will not find these at the pool. You can get fries and nachos. There you to be a family hamburger deal for 4 for 25.00. They also have a re-fill drink deal. Water bottles are expensive and when it is hot you will spend some money.

Me and my wife took a cab to the Atlantis area,,was a 5 min ride(if that much),,we saw the boat,,its a 1-2 min walk through a small market area. We also walked back to the ship,,took us prob 30 mins and we enjoyed the exercise and area. The view from the top of the bridge was really nice. BTW we did not break a sweat from the walk.

• 3 weeks later...
Any tips on where to go first, best spot for relaxing on a lounge chair, attractions that get crowded at certain times of day, best spot to eat lunch outside, most convenient lockers? I will be there with two teenagers. Any tips from folks who have spent the day at Atlantis would be most welcome!

Do the slides first! They get very crowded by noon-time, with very long lines.

We brought a small cooler with our own bottled water. Also, be sure to bring a credit card - the food areas do not accept cash.

We have arranged to spend the day at Atlantis in July and are all set with reservations through Comfort Suites.

Now I am looking for advice on how to spend our day. Any tips on where to go first, best spot for relaxing on a lounge chair, attractions that get crowded at certain times of day, best spot to eat lunch outside, most convenient lockers? I will be there with two teenagers. Any tips from folks who have spent the day at Atlantis would be most welcome!

Lastly, our ship leaves Nassau at 5pm, so if we want to be back on the ship by 4 pm, what time will we need to leave Atlantis? Is water taxi or land taxi quicker? Thanks!

Could you tell how much the rooms were there?

Could you tell how much the rooms were there?

Are you asking how much we paid for Comfort Suites? We were there on a Sunday and paid $144 for a room (that we never used) for three people. With all the surcharges and taxes, the total ended up being $190, still a good deal for three people.

Are you asking how much we paid for Comfort Suites? We were there on a Sunday and paid $144 for a room (that we never used) for three people. With all the surcharges and taxes, the total ended up being $190, still a good deal for three people.

Thanks! that was just the info I was looking for.

Archived