NCL Spirit Dinner Meals

mark39

Hi,

We are cruising from Boston to Bermuda in a few weeks and we live in New England and my son was wondering do they serve New England lobsters during dinner. Also could someone please tell me the status of the Jelly Fish.

Thanks

Hi,

We are cruising from Boston to Bermuda in a few weeks and we live in New England and my son was wondering do they serve New England lobsters during dinner. Also could someone please tell me the status of the Jelly Fish.

Thanks

HI

they do not serve New England lobster in the main dining room, but they do serve a couple of dishes that include lobster tails twice during the cruise.

The 1/2 an lobster tail is served in a pasta dish on one night and on a different night 1/2 a lobster tail is paired with filet of turbot. The lobster is either Carribean or Hawiian. Previously frozen, but very good.

Cagneys, one of the restaurants with a surcharge has had Maine lobster available. I think that the surcharge was 25.00 per person, but it may be more for fresh lobster. Perhaps someone else should jump in here.

We just returned from the Spirit on the 12th. My group was VERY aware of the Portuguese Man of War potential threat and treatment.

Nobody saw one on the water. I personally saw two dead ones on the beach (THEY CAN STILL STING DEAD SO DO NOT TOUCH!) but none in the water... I'd guess the 'season' is over but it would be prudent to remain aware.

Regarding the lobster... the folks in our group very much enjoyed the lobster the Spirit served but we are a bit spoiled here in New England... lobsta-wise... i.e. from the tank to the plate... keep an open mind and enjoy. What the Spirit serves is a LOT neater than what we are used to, as well! BONUS!

Clare

HI

they do not serve New England lobster in the main dining room, but they do serve a couple of dishes that include lobster tails twice during the cruise.

The 1/2 an lobster tail is served in a pasta dish on one night and on a different night 1/2 a lobster tail is paired with filet of turbot. The lobster is either Carribean or Hawiian. Previously frozen, but very good.

Cagneys, one of the restaurants with a surcharge has had Maine lobster available. I think that the surcharge was 25.00 per person, but it may be more for fresh lobster. Perhaps someone else should jump in here.

Cagney's had a lobster dish, surf and turf I think. It was $10.00 above the normal charge. I'm not sure if it was real lobster or frozen tails. Much as I love NCL, I've come to the conclusion that I'll get my Lobsta on my driving trips to New England!

Those appear to be outdated menus...replaced some time ago by Freestyle 2.0 menus.

You also said "Menus are fleet wide. Name of ship doesn't matter'.

That isn't quite true. Right now the Dawn is using a different set of experimental menus...and even on the ships with "standard" menus there can be some difference in the offerings because certain types of food (such as particular varieties of fish) may not be readily available in certain locations.

Archived