Quick question re: upgrade

I'm on the HA Eurodam, July 12th for Gems of the Baltic. Just got all my cruise docs in the mail. I have an assigned cabin (had booked a specific cabin, not a guarantee) but said I'd be open for any upgrades if offered. Now that I have my official 'documents', does that mean any upgrades will no longer be offered to me ,as new documents need to be printed, etc? Just curious. I previously had been offered an upgrade (I'm in a VE cabin, was offered a SS, but turned it down-not a good cabin) , but I wondered if that was a one-time thing.

Would HA still potentially offer me an upgrade so late? Just curious. I'm actually very happy with my cabin, but one can't help but wonder these things...:confused: No worries either way, I'm pretty excited!

No you can still be contacted by HAL or your TA again. I have known people that turned down 2 offers and the 3rd one they took. But of course that is if there are still cabins not assigned and others have refused the offers.

Hi..

I received another upsell offer. It is to an SS-SZ for $349.00 per person.

We are on the 12-day Barcelona to Venice - Oosterdam (July 6th). I'd really like the "perks" of a SA-SC (laundry definitely) - should I hold out for this?

I will ask my TA where the SS-SZ cabin is that they are offering.

Thank you

Hi..

I received another upsell offer. It is to an SS-SZ for $349.00 per person.

We are on the 12-day Barcelona to Venice - Oosterdam (July 6th). I'd really like the "perks" of a SA-SC (laundry definitely) - should I hold out for this?

I will ask my TA where the SS-SZ cabin is that they are offering.

Thank you

I think that is a good prices for the SY/SS/SZ category for a 12 day but since there was an offer call in or have you TA call in and say "What if you wanted to go to a SC/SB/SA how much would it be from your VC? I think you might be surprised and it would be well worth it ;) If not those Superior Verandah Categories are really nice and you will love the extra room.

Hi, I would hold out for what you want if you like the current cabin you are in. DH and I were upgraded the day we got on the ship. I arrived at the docks and was told that they upgraded us free of charge.

Thanx..

I declined the offer - told my TA that for a SS-SZ it would have to be $199/pp or less... SA-SC offers I would look at when they came in. An upgrade (especially free) would be a great at the dock :)

The SS/SZ/SY is a much bigger cabin than what you currently have booked. I think it is a great price for a 12 day trip. You really can't count on HAL coming back with a better offer. If I were you, I would ask your travel agent to try for an SA/SB/SC upsell but if it were not available, I would take the SS/SZ/SY.

Archived