First Time Carnival Cruisers

knomad

We are long time Royal Caribbean cruisers, about to set sail on our first Carnival Cruise on the Conquest. What can we expect? What will be different? Any tips you can give us? Thanks for your help!

Expect a wonderful experience.

I tried RC once and it was very good too, but I find them more costly than the other lines I've tried. I think much more is similar among cruise lines than different.

One difference that comes to mind is there is no shower "pod" on Carnival. LOVED that on RC. Food IMO iis excellent on Carnival. Shows too. Outdoor movie screen is great. :)

ENJOY!!

We are long time Royal Caribbean cruisers, about to set sail on our first Carnival Cruise on the Conquest. What can we expect? What will be different? Any tips you can give us? Thanks for your help!

You're going to find more things similar than not. After going on Monarch OTS last year after 9 Carnival cruises, I was surprised at how very similar the two are. The food, service and cleanliness are very good on both lines. I find Carnival's atmosphere to be a bit more "festive", although RCI's ships are prettier and their interiors more modernized (although that wont be such an issue for you since Conquest is still a relatively new ship).

I think you'll find them to be similar. Carnival has larger cabins, but smaller public spaces. So you'll feel less cramped in your cabin, but more crowded everywhere else. Carnival has shower curtains, instead of the sliding doors on RCL. Carnival still uses trans-fats in the food, so many people find that Carnival food taste/texture is better than on RCL which is trans-fat free. RCL has more "wow" entertainment such as ice shows, but that' usually only one night on a 7 day cruise. Carnival has movies, but not everyone wants to try to relax in the middle of a movieplex.

Speaking of the showers...I always shower in the spas...those showers are always a little bigger and much nice to shower in -- no matter what cruise line or ship I'm on, I shower in the the spa.

Archived