Groom

hey I know Carnival states that everyone but the bride must go to the port already dressed...but my question is our wedding doesn't start till 1 do you think it would be fine if the groom and groom mens just show up with their pants and a t-shirt? and then just put on the rest once we get on board..

I am sure that would be fine....if he is like most guys, it would only take them 2 minutes to get changed. I just think they are trying to avoid a lot of guests being late because they are getting dressed. I am sure one of the previous brides on here can assure you more than I can :D

MalibuBarbie

The lady at Carnival told me that everyone but the bride and groom had to be ready. The only problem may be that there may only be one cabin ready. I have read on here that people have requested a second cabin to be ready - and it has worked. So, worst case senario is that you may hav eto see each other before the wedding if you have to get ready at the same time. I think it may all depend on how quickly the ship gets cleared by customs and you are able to board.

The lady at Carnival told me that everyone but the bride and groom had to be ready. The only problem may be that there may only be one cabin ready. I have read on here that people have requested a second cabin to be ready - and it has worked. So, worst case senario is that you may hav eto see each other before the wedding if you have to get ready at the same time. I think it may all depend on how quickly the ship gets cleared by customs and you are able to board.

As I past Carnival bride, I can say you have hit the nail directly on the head!

My fiance is ordering his tux from Carnival, and it will be delivered to our stateroom on the morning of embarkation. We are getting married on Carnival Legend in November out of Tampa. The good part about renting from Carnival is that he can use the tux throughout the entire cruise, not just for the wedding.:)

Really, it all comes to down to whether or not a cabin is ready. Attended a wedding on Carinval Miracle out of NY and the ship was held up in customs. We weren't able to board until 12:45 and the wedding was scheduled for 1:00. Only the bride and groom's cabin was ready. There was a whole of lot of scurring around, and the guys ended up changing in the men's bathroom. It all worked out okay, but it was hardly ideal.

I was even more curious about the wedding scheduled the day we returned. We were 3 hours late getting into port and I know the ship wasn't cleared for the boarding passengers until after 1pm. As we headed out, I could see a wedding party anxiously waiting! I sure hope they managed to get onboard ontime to still have a ceremony and reception.

We're getting married on embarkation day, and since my fiance takes about 5 minutes to change clothes, he'll go to the cabin first and change, and get out of there so I can go in and get dressed. We'll have a family member or friend make sure we're separated. As long as your hair and makeup are already done, it shouldn't take too long for both of you to change.

I was thinking of this too, I had planned for my FH, his BM, and our fathers to all rent tuxes through Carnival, which means they won't have them ready until they board, did anyone else do this? If so did you rent them all through your room or let each man rent via their room and did you have any problems with them not being ready in time?

I actually got my call from the TWE today to go over the final details and I asked them...they said it would be fine, just call carnival and ask for one of the other sailing guests room to be ready...i which i had already did last week...they said as long as none of them plan on showering it should be fine

Archived