Any advice on a Baltic cruise?

Kancruze

Thanks for this orchid, I was really wondering how intensive it is cause one of us is quite slow!! It sounds so exciting though that I'm sure we'll all be so agog that we won't notice until we collapse at night. lol

You will be tired, but you will also have good sleeps ---I can guarantee you that! :D

As for one of you being slow, I would not worry about it too much. We found that we had enough time to see the highlights of each port at a pace that did not feel too rushed, but we also accepted that we would not be able to see everything on our list of must-sees, that we had to be adaptable, and that we needed to prioritize. For example, as much as we wanted to see Berlin, we knew we would feel too rushed given the 2.5 to 3 hr journey each way from Warnemunde. Therefore, we opted to go to Schwerin instead. And although we wanted to see the Vasa museum in Stockholm, we decided not to go at the last minute because we were enjoying exploring the city too much that we really did not want to spend 2 hours in it (plus, we docked farther from the city, which cut into our sightseeing time).

The ports are also easily done on your own (if that is what you wish to do) and there were Hop on hop off buses in practically everywhere so there is no pressure to do tons of walking. If you wish to do one of the ship's tours, then I don't think you would have much to worry about in that department either because NCL has excursions available for every activity level (just talk to the shore excursion desk people, and they would be able to guide you in the right direction).

The only excursion that might prove a little rushed is the one in St. Petersburg, but if you go with a customized tour, you would probably be able to set it to a pace that is most comfortable for you. Otherwise, if you go with a set ship's tour or the Den Rus Value tour that we did, then you may feel a little rushed. Having said that though, it seems you already have such a positive attitude, that I think you will do perfectly fine no matter what you decide. :)

Archived