Barcelona - Columbus Statue

Does anyone recall the name of the building next to the Columbus statue? The building looks quite old and has several statues on the top. I've tried to locate it in Google, images, etc. but not having luck. It may be the Port building, but I'm not sure. There are some differences in the pix that I have versus the pix on the internet.

Need more information: Which building? What direction is it from the statue?

To the north of the statue I see the Comandancia de Barcelona (Headquarters of the Third General Subinspectorate of the Army)

To the north-west I see the Capitanía Marítima - Armada Española (Headquarters of the Spanish Navy in Catalonia)

To the east I see the Port Authority of Barcelona

To the west - southwest I see the Museu Marítim de Barcelona (Naval Museum of Barcelona)

Take a look at Wikimapia.org (Their motto is 'Let's Describe the Whole World.')

http://wikimapia.org/#lat=41.3758103&lon=2.1777123&z=17&l=0&m=a&v=2

Rich

Does anyone recall the name of the building next to the Columbus statue? The building looks quite old and has several statues on the top. I've tried to locate it in Google, images, etc. but not having luck. It may be the Port building, but I'm not sure. There are some differences in the pix that I have versus the pix on the internet.

2008-NCL-Jade-30141-Hafenbus.jpg

This would be the Port of Barcelona Building.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Thank you all for your replies. Beautiful pix of Port Authority building. The WikiMapia site is awsome. Great Tip. The building in my pix is the Customs Services Building. Appreciate the help. CC board is always so helpful. It is my most trusted resource for cruise planning (and post cruise scrapbooking too!)

Archived